Is there an easy way to move walls?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Is there an easy way to move walls?

Postby Donald Thomson » Wed, Aug 01 2018, 6:28PM

I'm trying to simply move a couple of walls from one location to another on my custom layout. If I select the walls, why can't I use the move objects command of holding the shift key while I hit the arrow keys? That doesn't seem to work. Is there another way to move walls to where I want them positioned? If there is, it must be pretty complicated and not intuitive. I've found nothing in the help manual about moving a wall. Only about moving one end of a wall. I've attached a drawing showing what I would like to do.

Thanks in advance :D
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Is there an easy way to move walls?

Postby Ralph Balanik » Wed, Aug 01 2018, 6:56PM

Don

If you first highlight the two walls you want to move then move the cursor to the end of the build side until you get the blue dot and click it. It should turn red. Move to the inside corner with the cursor and you should see another blue dot . Click that and it should turn red. Go to the far end of the build side on the second wall and find the blue dot and click to turn it red. You should be able to hold the shift key, then hit the arrow keys in the direction you want your wall to go. If you know the exact distance you want to move your walls enter it into your move increment and you should move your wall in a single key stroke. Your cabinets will not move but you could perhaps highlight and move them first. Hope this helps.

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: Is there an easy way to move walls?

Postby Donald Thomson » Wed, Aug 01 2018, 7:11PM

Thanks Ralph. That's exactly what I was looking for. It's unfortunate that the help manual does not spell this out..

Thank you again! :D
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”