What do you find to be the most exhausting task in eCabs?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

What do you find to be the most exhausting task in eCabs?

Post by Donald Thomson »

I'm trying to get a feel for what users of eCabs thinks is one of the more exhausting task top do in eCabs. Maybe if we get enough information gathered on this, we can present it to Thermwood and maybe help the programming staff prioritize development efforts based on user feedback. Please try and limit responses to one or two tasks that are very tiring.

Personally I find that trying to set constrants to be very tiring, especially on the eyes. Trying to get the mouse cursor located on a node where you get the cross hair to turn on is very tiring. I can put the mouse cursor right on top of a node and I have to wiggle it all over to get the cross hair to turn on. And the margin of error is so small that it can get quite frustrating at times. I especially find trying to get the cross hair when finding the center of a circle to be THE most tiring of all. :wall:

I'm wondering if there is anything, from a programming point of view, to make this less tiring?

I'm hoping other users will put their findings here so we can present some useful information to Thermwood. This is NOT meant to be a bashing session. It is meant to gather some useful information for Thermwood. So if you feel so inclined to bash a feature, please try to reword it to be non-bashing or don't post it.

Thanks!!
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member
Company Name: true form cabinets

Re: What do you find to be the most exhausting task in eCabs?

Post by Thomas strembitsky »

Having to change the name of a cabinet after its placed in the batch editor instead of when I'm putting all the sizes in for it. lots of extra clicking
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 @ 2.70GHz 8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
http://www.trueform.ca
CS43 cnc
Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Rotating Panels!!!
Rotating_Panels.png
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

If we could have it to were you have an assembly of say 5 or 6 cabinets that your resizing etc.. Wouldn't be nice to highlight each individual cabinet one at a time in the assembly and be able to save it to the Cabinets folder, instead you have to delete all cabs but the one you want to save then back to assemblies and over again... Really takes time.

Chris