Maybe an option in CE?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Maybe an option in CE?

Post by Donald Thomson »

When in room editor, we can resize a cabinet and specify which direction to change the dimensions. For example, if I want to make a cabinet taller I can specify Top, Bottom or Both. Same with width and depth. I understand the reason for these settings in room editor.

Would there be a way, when in CE, to specify these same options? I have constraints set on cabinet parts and it would be very handy to be able to specify that a cabinet height be changed at the top and not at the bottom.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Re: Maybe an option in CE?

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Don, I think you are interpreting those options incorrectly. It is benificial in room editor to specifify left/right/both so as to not change the positioning of the cabinet in relation to other cabinets or walls (ie. grow/shrink the cabinet in the desired direction) Your constraints should work whether you resize in CE or RE. The difference being if done in CE you will have to repostion the cabinet once returned to the room.

There would be a benifit in CE to grow/shrink in a desired direction but only so you wouldn't have to repostion once the cabinet goes back to RE. What constraints are you having an issue with?