E cabinets has stopped working

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

E cabinets has stopped working

Post by Carmen Addamo »

All is well untill the job gets large. This problem always rears its ugly head once we have a signifcant amount of drawings in LDE. I side stepped the problem by breaking a large job down to three or four smaller jobs. IE take the same custom room layout with 30 cabs or so and one job will be base cabinets, another uppers, another island cabs, etc.

I don't know if it's my system hardware or an ecabs issue. Management got so tired of issue that they upgraded computer system to a Sata SSD drive, 32 GB Ram, and I believe the graphics were also upgraded to Nvidia Gforce GTX 745. Processor is Intel I-7 3.4 ghz.

Now first job after the recent build, and I get four wall elevations in LDE and boom "Ecabinets has stopped working" . All my work in LDE is lost. I usually save after every new page but completely forgot and job was far from usual danger size. I start getting 7-8 pages in LDE I know it's going to shut down 70% of the time after every new page.

I need to know if anyone else is having these issues. Another fustrating issue of late with the last two builds is with "notes" in LDE. I often have to mouse click several times before a note will start.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Re: E cabinets has stopped working

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I have builds with many many pages in the LDE without any errors happening.

I work off a Dell Precision 7710 laptop Workstation. 256GB M2.PCIe SSD, 16GB ram M3000M NVidia video card with a i7 6820HQ 2.7 Ghz quad processor.

Just as a note, eCabs will not use more than one processor in your computer.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

As a second note, it will not use more than 3gb of ram because it's a 32bit program. Still, you have a very capable computer.

I would suggest checking for a video card update first. Also, if its crashing going from LDE to CL I would save it while still in LDE.

Forrest
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Forrest Thanks but this is crashing on any large job (40LF+ of cabinetry) every time I try to save. Wether I try and save in LDE or CL. Am I the only one having this issue?