Global setting for inset door/drawer ?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

andy photenas
Company Name: woodland Kitchens NH

Global setting for inset door/drawer ?

Post by andy photenas »

Hello all, I would like to ask if there is a way to make it so when im installing doors and drawers I can keep the settings for each new cabinet i bring up?
I make a floor plan and place cabinets that i have made.
I then add the cabinets to the floor plan. Then I add the doors and drawers. I cant seem to find a way to keep the settings i set up from one cabinet to the next as i go through the floor plan adding them.

I am setting up my insets and gaps in construction settings and then add drawer and door settings. this works great for one cabinet but then i need to reset them all after i save changes to room and open the next cabinet in the cabinet editor. Is there a way to keep those settings?
Thanks for any help.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Global setting for inset door/drawer ?

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Andy,

There isn't a way to do what you are wanting the way you currently are working. Instead, create a cabinet with the settings you want to keep from cabinet to cabinet and save it to your own library. Place that cabinet in the room and make the minor changes you need to make. That way any default settings you use are already applied. Do the same for the rest of the cabinets in the room.

-Clint-
andy photenas
Company Name: woodland Kitchens NH

Post by andy photenas »

so say if i use a different slide i have to reset all the drawer and all the inset settings all 8 of them for each cabinet ?
Thanks again either way its workable.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Andy,

You will need to create your own "Seed Cabinets" using all your default settings as Clint mentioned for the door and drawer front Insets/overlays, but you can globally change your drawer boxes and their insets needed for different slides. using the Global Item Modification tool.