Can someone plaese try to get this job to operate properly in ecabs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Can someone plaese try to get this job to operate properly in ecabs

Post by Carmen Addamo »

I have posted about this issue before with no response from anyone. I have issues with ecabs anytime the project gets large. Whenever I have large jobs to draw up in LDE and I try to save the job I get an "Ecabs has stopped working " prompt and the program closes and I lose all my work. I have had techs address the PC but it's been of no help. The problem seems to be getting worse, as before I could at least get six or eight pages before having issues. As of now I have two LDE pages and I can't save the job.

If someone has time to download this job. Maybe create a few pages in LDE and try to save the job. I would appreciate it. I don't know if this is a PC issue or and Ecabs issue. Thanks.

If anyone is interested here are my PC specs:
System Model XPS 8900
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 06B8
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 745

UGG... unfortunatley it seems the job is too large to attach. Oh well, maybe someone who has experienced the same issues will chime in.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Can someone plaese try to get this job to operate properly in ecabs

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Carmen,

Upload the job to this link http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/eCabinet ... FileUpload and I'll see how it behaves on my computer. Post back once you've uploaded as I don't receive a notification when something has been uploaded.

-Clint-
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Clint that form won't let me upload the the file as it is 116,000 KB. Compressed it is 74,000 KB. Any suggestions.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Carmen,

You can host it on DropBox or Google Drive. Either of those will let you create a download link.

-Clint-
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Clint and others that may want to play around here is the link.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d181f4 ... 516/eec066
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Carmen,

For the most part I am able to work with the job without issue. Out of the 10+ times I've been saving and playing with it I've crashed twice, but nothing consistent. It is a taking job, using quite a bit of memory to keep it running. In the event the techs didn't check, it would be worth it to run a memory test to make sure you don't have a stick of RAM going bad.

I'll keep playing with the job and see if I can get it to crash on demand.

-Clint-
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Thank you Clint. I know we installed more memory not sure if they checked for a faulty stick. One of my first issues with the job was that after bringing two pages of custom layout into LDE and trying to save the job it would crash. If you have the time could you give it a try. Thanks again.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I loaded the job and put the whole kitchen into the LDE and it wouldn't save. But it didn't crash either. The program alerted me something was wrong with the save and then stopped the save process and I was able to still continue with the job. But no save.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Leo, thanks for taking the time and giving your feedback.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I played with it a bit more but couldn't get it to save properly anytime I added something to the LDE. I checked the parts in the filter to see if there were any oddball dimension and there weren't any. My computer used about 8MB of physical ram and 7MB of virtual ram when the program was loaded. So if was memory heavy but not so much that it should be a memory issue. You have an awful lot of different materials in there, I think that has something to do with the problem. It wasn't an overly large kitchen, I've had kitchens with the same level of sheet goods, but yours took so much longer to lay out in the nest it made me think that it might not get done.

Most of my larger kitchens take less than 2 minutes to nest out, yours was over 5 minutes although I didn't time it. I usually don't have more than 5 or 6 materials in a whole kitchen. But I'm not trying to make my renderings pretty, just the basics to show the client the placement and functionality of the kitchen. I show/they show me pics of what the kitchen will look like and it's assumed that's what I'll be building for them.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Thanks again Leo. This job did have more elements in it than usual. Possibly adding such details as corbels and appliques made things worse. However I always run into trouble like this once a job gets over a dozen cabinets or so and there are many LDE associated with it. I often I have to have a page for each individual cabinet in LDE as I haven't found a way to detail drawings in Ecabs with traditional drafting methods.

Ecabs did add the ability to section a wall a few builds back, which was a step in the right direction. However it takes those sections to a different page and I haven't found a way to show where the sectioning occurred with traditional section lines. If the person reading the shop drawings doesn't know where the sectioning took place it doesn't do much good.