Door/Drawer Editor and Amesbury door

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Door/Drawer Editor and Amesbury door

Post by Donald Thomson »

I was wondering why the Amesbury door does not allow a frame only option? All the doors (except slab of course) allow me to make a glass door. The Frame Only check box on the General tab is greyed out. Just wondering.

Also, for some reason, when I select a door/drawer face, it always defaults to Alternate Source. How do I change it to default to Build In House?

Thanks!!
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Door/Drawer Editor and Amesbury door

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Donald Thomson wrote:I was wondering why the Amesbury door does not allow a frame only option? All the doors (except slab of course) allow me to make a glass door. The Frame Only check box on the General tab is greyed out. Just wondering.

Also, for some reason, when I select a door/drawer face, it always defaults to Alternate Source. How do I change it to default to Build In House?

Thanks!!
Hi Donald. The Amesbury door is a raised panel door with the raise on the back of the panel. I have no clue as to why making this door a glass door is not allowed. However, you could use the tw10 door and select the square bead for the bead profile, then turn it into a glass door.
As for setting the purchase option default to build in-house. there are a couple of options. (1), set the purchase option that you want then set that door to be the default door for this particular cabinet. (2) Save the door in another directory i.e build in house doors.

Hope this helps,
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: Door/Drawer Editor and Amesbury door

Post by Donald Thomson »

Thank you Scott!!
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA