Colored symbols on labels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: Colored symbols on labels

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Clint Buechlein wrote:What was messed up about them?
First job in the nest, all cab numbers are correct. Second job in the nest, cabinet numbers carry on from where they left off in the first job. So if the first job has 30 cabinets for example, Cabinet one in the second job will be labeled 31. However, the "original" cabinet number is still correct on the label, just the new large number is incorrect.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy Wieler wrote:
Clint Buechlein wrote:What was messed up about them?
First job in the nest, all cab numbers are correct. Second job in the nest, cabinet numbers carry on from where they left off in the first job. So if the first job has 30 cabinets for example, Cabinet one in the second job will be labeled 31. However, the "original" cabinet number is still correct on the label, just the new large number is incorrect.
This will be how it functions. It takes the cabinets in order in the load screen and applies a number sequentially. This label is more for part sorting rather than job sorting. If the cabinets for each job started back at the cabinet number, you would have to read the job name to decide which job the part belongs to.
Joe Soto wrote:My scanner reads it fine. The actual recut ID number is right at or slightly off the bottom edge of the label. But that might be a tracking problem with my printer.
I moved the numbers up a little, you can try the attached label to see if its better.

-Clint-
Attachments
30252_Address_CabNum_Recut_V2.zip
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Thanks Clint, works good.

Tommy, FYI. Label cabinet numbers will not match actual cabinet numbers if you change the quantities at the control or have multiples of the same cabinet from a batch either.