Invalid file

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Invalid file

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

When I try to open a recent job or even an earlier one I get an error of --Invalid file. This is 6.2.3 ver. Can anyone help???
Thanks, Wally
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: Invalid file

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Has the file extension been changed? Make sure it is an .esj file and not .esa.
.esa files have to be opened from the cabinet/assembly editor.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Thanks Jeremy -- I looked at that last night and they were OK. I tried to open them tonight and all is good. GO FIGURE. LOL. I just remembered -- I had an update from Win 10 today. Maybe that was the difference. Who knows.
Justin Bellows
Company Name: Miracle Millworks

Post by Justin Bellows »

Ok so I am having an issue with taking my Batch list that I've put on a flash drive in .twd format (CNC file format) for thermwood routers, when I take it the router, the computer see's the drive, see's the file, but when I try to access from the control program cannot find the file. I noticed that all the other job files are .dxf is there a way to convert .twd files to .dxf's?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Justin Bellows wrote:Ok so I am having an issue with taking my Batch list that I've put on a flash drive in .twd format (CNC file format) for thermwood routers, when I take it the router, the computer see's the drive, see's the file, but when I try to access from the control program cannot find the file. I noticed that all the other job files are .dxf is there a way to convert .twd files to .dxf's?
Are you selecting the correct button in the Load Screen of Control Nesting? Each file type has it's own load button. The one for .twd files is all the way at the top of the types at the right side of the Load Screen.

-Clint-