Edge tape adde with shelves

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Edge tape adde with shelves

Post by Mark McCallum »

Just wondering.
Would this be useful to others? or is it just me that forgets to add the edgebanding to shelves and ends after adjusting details?
Generally every shelf, partition and End gets edged in the default colour and default position.
I find that we overlook it fairly often, and its generally on the one off type of cabinet.
So it gets cut then picked up later. :(
As in the image, I try and use a different colour to highlight it, but different users do different things and like a pretty look even in basic renderings.
So just wondering if its me or do others forget as well?
Thanks
Mark
Edge-banding.jpg
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: Edge tape adde with shelves

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

You need to go to the edgebanding editor, not the shelf editor. Click on the Add Part Components, and I think that is what you're looking for:
Capture.JPG
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

I brought this up in an earlier post. It would be nice to be able to make a shelf like we can make a drawer box. All the settings follow the drawer box. It would be nice to make a shelf that we can edgeband and have it as a complete module we can add to the cabinet like a drawer box. I know we can go in after adding shelves and put edgebanding on them. But like Mark said, sometimes you forget to add the edgebanding.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Guys.
Thanks for the input.
Yes. I was thinking along the lines of Don.
My query was relating more to a workflow method or procedure,
and would having the edging as a default setting in the construction window, make it less likely that the edging would be left off?

When you set up a seed cabinet for a library, you get that right and start developing. which is good.

But its always those custom cabinets where you take the seed, change things around, delete stuff and add it back in or put in an extra shelf or partition where the edging gets left out.

I like the edging section.
The edging section is very good.
You can select multiple edges and apply the edging with one click, its brilliant!

But its an after thought or after procedure to making of the cabinet where it gets left off.

I was just wondering if others had similar experiences or if its just us that forgets to add it back in.
Cesar Font
Company Name: Casa i Dissenyo

Post by Cesar Font »

Yes, this happens to us all. (I think)
Casa i Dissenyo
San Francisco del Rincón, Guanajuato, México
52(476) 128-0049