question to annoying problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

ian bacchet
Company Name: IB woodworking

question to annoying problem

Post by ian bacchet »

I have a probably simple yet annoying problem.
I loose a lot of time with this. When I am working on a layout of a kitchen and i choose a cabinet to place, once i placed it how do i go back to just the select action, the only way that i have found to do it is clicking on overhead main view but that changes my view that i had and i have to rezoom or recenter to get back to the way i was working. :wall:
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: question to annoying problem

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Iaqn,
Once you have your walls for the custom layout in place go to the top of the left hand menu and go to the line that says "Action". When you left click on "Create Single Wall" or whatever is there, a drop down menu appears which gives you three options. Choose "Select Mode". Further down on the left hand menu is Placement Options. Click place mode and make your selection. On the right hand menu select your cabinet library and then select your first cabinet and place it. after the first one is placed you can place an identical unit in the same layout or if you want to choose a different cabinet simply press the escape key which will stop the current action and return you to select mode. Simply go to your library, pick your next cabinet and place it in your layout. It should work flawlessly without issue.
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Ian,
Sorry for the typo on your name. :oops:
ian bacchet
Company Name: IB woodworking

Post by ian bacchet »

ahh the escape key!
thanks a million! :D