Angle part

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Davis
Guru Member

Angle part

Post by Rob Davis »

Since most of you are smarter than I, I bet somebody knows how to do this, or at least fake the computer into doing it.
We have an assembly that resembles a wall cabinet with an inset back. We want to make the back 13 degrees angled from vertical, making it closer to the front at the bottom than at the top.
We have tried inset the back, made a full sized stretcher and tried to angle it with offsets, and are out of ideas. We especially want it for presenting, not necessarily for production, but if possible that is how we will build it.
Can eCabinets do this?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Rob
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Angle part

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Rob. Can you post the assembly that you are working with? I may be able to help you with this.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Obviously a speaker cabinet. We have been making these for awhile but they want us to make the front with a 2 degree angle and the back parallel to it. Have added a stretcher with taper but cannot get the speaker or back to leave vertical.
Thanks for the help.
Attachments
Speaker 4.jpg
Speaker 4.jpg (19.19 KiB) Viewed 5815 times
Speaker 4.hsf
(422.02 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Rob.
My take.
I couldn't see the angle or really understand what you were referring to until I had been messing with an idea and eventually saw the angled front frame in your cabinet.
So I had been messing with what I thought you meant.
Perhaps it might be useful?
I deleted the back and made the back a stretcher.
There is a rotation control in the stretcher editor.
I had angled the ends by drawing outlines and using the create part from closed contour in the part editor. (Actually I imported the DXFs because I used another program that I find easier to use than the drawing program behind the part editor) but it can be done in there.
And then I saw your angles
I attached the cabinet even though it is wrong just because it may help you, not sure
Stretcher-angle.jpg
Speaker 4.hsf
(424.02 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Attachments
angled-strecher.jpg