Profile modeler

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Profile modeler

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Rolling back and keeping my settings fixed it! Thanks for the help and hopefully you guys can get a current fix.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Forrest Chapman wrote:For that particular profile I'd like it to use the 1/4" BN for the main cutting with the 1/8" BN getting closer in the corners and the 1/8" end mill to clean out the step downs. Is that not possible? If I set the 1/4" BN to leave stock will it not do the entire profile again with the 1/8" BN?
Yes most likely, provided it can fit in the areas to remove that stock.
Forrest Chapman wrote:Rolling back and keeping my settings fixed it! Thanks for the help and hopefully you guys can get a current fix.
I was figuring this would be the better alternative. Code looked pretty decent when I backplotted it in Cimco with the 1/4" ballnose and 1/8" endmill cleaning up where it could. We are hopefully having a release this week, but a fix for the issue won't be in this release.

-Clint-
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

You can update to 6.17 again, download the attached file, unzip it, and place the dynamic.ini in C:\Rolling Nest. That should allow you to work in the later version. An adjustment was made to a tolerance setting. The software engineers are still backtracking to see why that specific tolerance number is in there before possibly releasing it to the wild as the new setting.

A caution to others who read this, do not download the attached file and place it on your machine. This file contains settings specific to his machine and will likely mess up some of your settings.

-Clint-
Attachments
dynamic.zip
(987 Bytes) Downloaded 322 times