No picture of cab

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Marvin Pate
Company Name: Pate Cabinets

No picture of cab

Post by Marvin Pate »

When I click on develop cabinets or assemblies and then click on an existing cabinet, no cabinet picture comes up. The information box does list the cabinet specs. Also when doing batch cabs no picture of nested parts comes up. I had a virus on the computer which was supposed to be fixed by the Geek Squad. Thanks for your advice. Marvin
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: No picture of cab

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hey Marvin.
The first thing that I would try is to run the repair option. Close ecabinents then In the control panel select programs, select programs, and features then. select ecabinet systems 6.2.6, click the repair option. after it has finished open ecabinents and see if this fixed the problem. If not , you may have to uninstall ecabinents and reinstall the current version.
Hope this helps.
Marvin Pate

Post by Marvin Pate »

I uninstalled ecabinets and reinstalled. Restarted the computer. Did this evolution two separate times. Still have the problem. I checked the graphics card and got a message that it was working okay and that I had the current version of the driver.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Marvin,

Go to Edit, and then Settings/Preferences. Check the boxes for Force Software Rendering and Use Graphics Double Buffering. Click OK to exit Settings/Preferences and OK on the next dialog. Close eCabinets and open it back up. See if the issue persists. If it doesn't and the cabinet shows up as it is supposed to, it is graphical related.

-Clint-
Marvin Pate

Post by Marvin Pate »

Clint,

Thank you for the response. I performed the steps you described and the program did load cabinet pics however the response to commands were extremely slow. The pics would hardly move and are too slow to use. I will look into having a new graphics card installed. Have a great day.

Marvin
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Marvin Pate wrote:Clint,

Thank you for the response. I performed the steps you described and the program did load cabinet pics however the response to commands were extremely slow. The pics would hardly move and are too slow to use. I will look into having a new graphics card installed. Have a great day.

Marvin
Marvin,

The slow operation is a side effect of having those options checked. Most likely you just need to update the graphics card driver. If you performed the check through Windows, it likely isn't the latest driver available, just what Windows deems the most stable. Go to the manufacturer's site of the card to find the latest driver. That may get you a fix rather than having to buy a new card.

-Clint-