new to Ecab needs help get training

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary najarian
Company Name: NajarCo

new to Ecab needs help get training

Postby Gary najarian » Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:49PM

Hi All I’m pretty new on this e cabinet software We had this Thermwood CS43 for a while.
I was wondering if any of you guys or if you might know someone in my area which is Los Angeles California can spare a few hours a week training us. of course will not be free we will pay. I've asked several cnc shops for some help but don't know any thing on this software
The request is to set up the E cabinet on fully dowel construction :beer:

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: new to Ecab needs help get training

Postby Scott Marshburn » Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:11PM

Hi Gary, If you have not already you might want to have a look at there online training videos.

Gary najarian
Company Name: NajarCo

Postby Gary najarian » Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:45PM

Hi Scott,

This is very helpful I really appreciate your time I have already subscribed with e Cabinet training.
I could not find what I was looking for even do it will take most of my time during the day.
I was trying to go with the easy route even if I have to pay a knowledged person locally
Again thanks a lot

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Postby Mark McCallum » Sat, Jul 18 2020, 8:35AM

Hi Gary
Welcome to the Forum.
If I understand you correctly and the way I interpret it, fully doweled construction is going to be a mixture of Flatbed CNC and dowel machine.
If thats the way you do it, and it has to be that way, you probably have to work around that method.
ECabs comes with lots of customizable, programmable joint options built in, so dowels into faces should be no problem, it's the edge holes into shelves or backs (depending on how you do your construction) that is the secondary process.
I personally like to keep all the machining on the flatbed to cut down on handling and lessen room for errors. (there's still gremlins and dumb stuff that happens on variations) but in my opinion its very good.
We settled on a combination of dados (consider them square dowels) with screws, and butt joints with screws, (screws are a few cents each but make for strong construction) but of course you could still glue and clamp if you don't want to use screws.
Adjusting your construction to eliminate double sided machining or as they are called flip ops will save lots of time and lower machining errors.
Perhaps others that are using dowels might have some insights or useful advice.

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Postby Scott Marshburn » Sat, Jul 18 2020, 12:32PM

I agree with Mark about using dadoes and screws. You might also consider lock dadoes and pocket screws. I think that fast cap carries plugs\covers for pocket screws if the pockets being visible on the inside of the cabinets is an issue.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”