CNC controller crashing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Andrew LepineKBD
Company Name: Ottawa kitchen by Design

CNC controller crashing

Postby Andrew LepineKBD » Thu, Feb 11 2021, 4:43PM

Hello Mrs or Sir

I'm Andrew Lepine from Ottawa kitchen by Design.

I had a little project I was trying to do for the Misses for Valentine's Day. (See photo).

I was able to get everything off Ecabinets without issue (other than it taking a long time). However when I tried to load the file on my CNC the Controller program crashes. I have broken the pocketing into 4 seperate files, and I still have one section crashing on me. This happens both with the .twd and .DXF files. Is there anything I can do to prevent the controller from crashing?

I'm using a CS45 Thermwood CNC with Super controller 6 ( not certain what version at the moment) I'm using the latest version of Ecabinets as well. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated

Andrew LepineKBD

Re: CNC controller crashing

Postby Andrew LepineKBD » Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:27PM

Andrew LepineKBD wrote:Hello Mrs or Sir

I'm Andrew Lepine from Ottawa kitchen by Design.

I had a little project I was trying to do for the Misses for Valentine's Day. (See photo).

I was able to get everything off Ecabinets without issue (other than it taking a long time). However when I tried to load the file on my CNC the Controller program crashes. I have broken the pocketing into 4 seperate files, and I still have one section crashing on me. This happens both with the .twd and .DXF files. Is there anything I can do to prevent the controller from crashing?

I'm using a CS45 Thermwood CNC with Super controller 6 ( not certain what version at the moment) I'm using the latest version of Ecabinets as well. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
Screenshot_20210211-172556_Gallery.jpg

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Postby Scott Marshburn » Thu, Feb 11 2021, 6:16PM

Hi Andrew. Can you post the ecab file as well as the dxf file so we can hav a look?

Andrew LepineKBD

Postby Andrew LepineKBD » Fri, Feb 12 2021, 11:13AM

Actually I'm having Trouble posting these files. The DXF Gives me an error when I try to upload and the .ESJ file is 20mb and the Max on the website is 15mb.

Of Note, the DXF files I got from a third party that I minorly edited for the letters to look nicer.

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Postby Scott Marshburn » Fri, Feb 12 2021, 2:08PM

You can email them to me here: ecabinetstipsandtricks@gmail.com

Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Postby Brad McIntosh » Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:48PM

Andrew,

Your problem most likely is originating with the polylines that make up the "curved" entities in your original DXF. eCabinet Systems and/or Control Nesting are linearizing these down into very short line segments - LOTS AND LOTS of very short line segments. The number of line entities is overwhelming the software.

Can you send us the original DXF? (I will send you an email via regular channels.)
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”