Is it possible to download thermwood super control to my normal pc for testing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nicholas Kiss
Company Name: Clearcut

Is it possible to download thermwood super control to my normal pc for testing

Postby Nicholas Kiss » Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:21PM

Hi, so i've been working with complex glass doors on ecabinets and there are many bugs that i get when its time to look at it in profile modeler my cnc qcore computer usually crashes when loading the doors to verify tooling, is there any way to get profile modeler on my normal windows 10 computer so i can troubleshoot quickly before finding out it wont work at the cnc computer.

i have the x_t for the doors that geometric cutout and then profile and it shows it would be good until i bring it to profile modeler ps. i couldnt provide the x_t file that can be imported into contour and the exterior works perfectly but the interior does not
Attachments
dxf for door cuts well without profile.PNG
finished door does not profile properly.PNG
Marshall_interior_profile_tool2.tol
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Is it possible to download thermwood super control to my normal pc for testing

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:46AM

Nicholas,

It can be, however you'd need to talk to software sales as there is an initial cost and a yearly maintenance fee. You can email software@thermwood.com for a quote if you'd like. For Canadian customers you'll need to email software@cncautomation.com for a quote.

Can you email the following files to cabinets@thermwood.com:

- The door from eCabinets
- An export from Control Nesting (this should grab your Profile Modeler settings as well)
- The .twd you are loading into Profile Modeler
- A screenshot of what you are seeing in Profile Modeler
- In the event you are on an older version of Control Nesting, go to Profile Modeler, go to Operations, and Defaults, then take a screenshot of that screen.

If you cannot get the files to email you can upload them here http://info.thermwood.com/thermwood-file-upload-page.

-Clint

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Is it possible to download thermwood super control to my normal pc for testing

Postby Mark McCallum » Wed, Apr 14 2021, 4:51PM

Hi Nicholas
Nice looking door.
I was curious to see how it would go with our tool set up because I had some troubles before on a similar profile.
Clint and the guys spent a lot of time to help us sort it out.
I ran one on an off cut as a test to see how it would go.
Because it was a off cut I didn't line the flip op up exactly, so the pockets are about a mil and a bit off.
That's your .tol file which seemed to work fine for me.
It nested and graphed without problems.
If time was of essence it might save a bit by halving the .tol shape for the interior as the machine shaped the whole double sided profile of the interior profile before pocketing the whole lot including half of the carefully profiled interior profile, (actually I cant recall if I pocketed the lites from the front or back in the part editor, which might affect the pocketing sequence) I set the pocket for the glass at the back to 6mm so it left that flat at the bottom of the front profile which could be eliminated by making the back pocket deeper.
The smallest tool I used was 1/8" but the corners are not as sharp as perhaps could be desired.
Preflip.jpg
Double sided front pattern
cutout.jpg
Rounded-corners.jpg

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”