Countertop Height

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Terreau

Countertop Height

Post by Mark Terreau »

I am having a problem in Custom Layout with placing countertops on base cabinets. On some cabinets it places the countertop right on the cabinet where it should be, but on other cabinets the countertops are floating an inch or so above the cabinet. I have reviewed all the parameters and can't find any differences between the cabinets that might cause this. Is there a setting somewhere for where a countertop is placed in relation to the cabinet? The problem doesn't seem to be in the countertop material because the same material will work fine on one cabinet but not another.

Thanks for any help.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Countertop Height

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Mark, Could you post the esj file so we can take a look?
Mark Terreau

Re: Countertop Height

Post by Mark Terreau »

I actually figured it out. It had to do with the construction parameters on those particular cabinets. I wanted the sides to come down and be flush with the bottoms of the face frames, so I had a negative bottom inset on the cabinet sides, which apparently pushed them down into the floor or something. So instead I zeroed out the bottom inset on the sides and put an inset on the bottom of the deck which had the intended result without the issues.