Unfinished-one-side sheet stock and laminate

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Davis
Company Name: Gene Davis Builder

Unfinished-one-side sheet stock and laminate

Post by Gene Davis »

What is the way to set up use of this material? Whenever it is used, the unfinished side faces out, and is laminated with either species veneer or a paintable laminate.

I know I can set up a panel stock material but how an I assured that parts have the unfinished side facing out, and how do I specify the laminate? It's like edgebanding, but on the face.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Unfinished-one-side sheet stock and laminate

Post by Scott Marshburn »

When setting up your material select yes for single-sided. You can change the materials A-Side in the cabinet editor. As for the different Laminates, you can do this when giving the material a name. For example, "3/4 laminated material Finished side oak unfinished side white". unfortunately, there is no way that I am aware of to have different textures on the same material
Gene Davis
Company Name: Gene Davis Builder

Post by Gene Davis »

Thanks! How about a mod in an update? The use of single-side sheet goods to make finished ends and sinkbase stretchers has to be pretty common, no?
Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Gene,

I don't know if this helps you or not but here are 3 example cabs of how I do laminate cabinets. It seems to work good for me. You can hover over each part and see how I set the "Material A Side" and also the Tenons so there isn't flip ops. It helps the operator load the laminated sheets with the correct side up or down. I'm not saying its the best way but it works for us with no problems. It might help you come up with a naming scheme for your materials.

Troy
Attachments
Melamine Laminate Cabs Example.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 199 times