Recommend a way to annotate parts designated to be painted after cutting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Davis
Company Name: Gene Davis Builder

Recommend a way to annotate parts designated to be painted after cutting

Post by Gene Davis »

I finished a job, the batch containing about 30 cabinets, everything cut from the same panel stock, 3/4" maple-faced veneer-core cabinet plywood, prefinished both sides.

A half dozen of the cabinets contain parts that get painted. The shop will scuff-sand to prep, and finish in a solid color paint one or both sides of about 30 of the job's 245 parts.

I wish there was a way in eCabinets to do this annotation so it would be called out on the printed part labels. As it is, I go through the job and build a spreadsheet with the to-be-painted parts identified by CabinetName, Cabinet#, PartName, Part#, Sheet# and which side (or both) gets the paint job.

Is there a better way to do this? Should I just designate the material for these parts as, say, PREFINISHED PLYWOOD TBP, meaning "to be painted," so that every part made from that (the same clearcoated ply the rest of the job uses) is KNOWN to get painted, and then annotate same with the spreadsheet which part gets painted how?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Recommend a way to annotate parts designated to be painted after cutting

Post by Clint Buechlein »

You can use User Part Name to include the part name and an annotation. See attached image.

-Clint-
Attachments
User Part Name.jpg