My round wall

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Kerry,

So we're in the same boat. Perhaps V5 addresses the issue....can't wait!

As far as the wall goes and the funky segmenting, I used a solid color on my display cube. I wonder if it treats the walls differently because they're walls? Doesn't make sense, I would think exactly the opposite effect would occur because with walls you actually have the individual objects.

When I get some 'spare' time LOL I'll try it...... :roll:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mike,
It can be done. I didn't have time to make proper tools but I think from this that you can see it is possible.
The segementing is just the nature of the arc. Maybe ecabs could make more segements to smooth the walls.
Kerry
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

OK I'm placing my vote for Kerry to write the next manual for eCab. I can understand and make his explanations work . Thanks Kerry
Thom Houser
http://www.thouser.com
A person who never made a mistake
never tried anything new.
A. Einstein
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

There is probably a very simple answer to this question. I have been attempting to make a curved panel as illustrated by Kerry in this thread. Once I have drawn a three point arc and off set my second one I am unable to draw lines that succesfully connect to the 3 point arc in order to create a closed contour that I can cut. What am I missing besides the amount of time it's taken to attempt this so far? Thanks,

Jay W
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

Jay,
I do not know at what level your knowledge of the Parts Editor is. So bear with me if I tell you something that you know and have tried.
Extend your lines of the three point arcs to beyond where you need them.
Draw a line or lines through these extended lines so that they overlap.
Trim these lines (when using trim make sure you specify 'trim two' lines)
Draw in the rest of your lines to eventually have a closed contour to work with. (make use of the same extending and trimming or draw them overlapping from the start and then trimming the lines)
Hope this helps
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I finally got it to work! Don't know if this was the solution or not, but I enlarged my pick box size and that worked on one of the arcs. Didn't work on the other, so I exited the contour area and went into the main part editor area and performed one of the operations on the first closed contour, and then went back into the contour area and was then able to select the three point arc. Just glad to finally make it work!! Thanks again for your help.

Jay W
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

you might find it easier to get your pick box to click on the correct arc if you zoom in really close to the end point. that is how I often do my selecting.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Jay,
When you are trying to close a contour it is usually good to make sure that you have \"Snap to Grid\" turned off and \"Snap to Object\" turned on.
(right click menu) If you have snap to grid turned on, it will do just that, snap to the grid instead of your object.

Kerry
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Hey Kerry, you know it's the simple things that will get you. I've been harassed by this program for 2 straight days now. :) I was finally able to accomplish what I needed by crossing the two lines and trimming them. I looked for the snap setting, but couldn't find it. Finally after revisiting it after a little break, I read your reply and wham there it was! I found it no problem and that fixed it. Just one little setting can give you hours of misery. Thanks Kerry!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Jay,
The extend and trim trick is very useful also.
Keep playing with the contour editor and you will be able to get it to do anything you want.
Kerry