bug when adding doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Zach Froble

bug when adding doors

Post by Zach Froble »

For some reason on tall cabinets and certain corner cabinets with fixed shelves it won't let me select different openings. For example; I created a tall cabinet with 1 fixed shelve ( larger door on bottom and smaller door on top to match wall cabinets) and right hinged doors, but then I increased the width of the cabinet-deleted the doors to add double doors and it wouldn't let select the two different openings. It acted as if it was one big opening.

Is this something that others have been having problems with or am I just overlooking something.

Thanks,
Zach
Lyndan Designs
Machining and CAD Services
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

this bug has been around for a while, try turning face frames off and then back on. this should cure your problem
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Zach, I had the same problem a while back. I had a frameless tall cab with one drawer and two sets of double doors. When I built the carcass I put in two fixed shelves and then attempted to add doors, they went everywhere except on the cab. To fix the problem I removed the fixed shelves, highlighted the opening, placed the drawer and doors sizing them as I went along, worked perfectly.

Rick
Zach Froble

Post by Zach Froble »

Thanks for the responses, I will try both approaches.

Will this be fixed in V5, it is very frustrating (esspecially when you are trying to train someone).

Thanks,
Zach
Lyndan Designs
Machining and CAD Services
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

I am currently working on an 8' tall utility cabinet and have run into the same problem. I have two smaller openings on top where the doors added just fine, but adding them on the bottom (taller half) it just selects the whole opening, not either half. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have tried both mentioned above and neither worked in my case. Oh yes, I guess I need to mention that I have not yet upgraded to the latest version yet. Seems to have too many problems, and I'm right in the middle of a job and don't want to try it until I'm finished with it. Thanks...

Jay
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Could you post the cab Jay?
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Here's the cabinet. Maybe you'll have better luck than I'm having. It's driving me bonkers.
Attachments
Utility Combo.hsf
(645.52 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jay,

It appears that the negative inset for the deck (and combo with detached toe possibly as well) is the primary culprit here. (This is not a new issue) I will give this scenario to the programmers and have them fix it for a future release.

I modified the cabinet so that it does not use a negative inset for the deck (and still gives you the exact same cabinet) and all seems to be OK. I have attached it here for you to use or reference. One note: I noticed that the top shelf is above the mid rail on this cabinet. I was not sure if that was intentional or not, so I left it just like that. If that is not what you intended, just delete the top doors, readjust the shelf or mid rail (or both), then add the doors back on. Hope this helps.
Attachments
utility_combo_Pos-Insets.hsf
(572.02 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Scott, Thanks for all your help so far. I attempted to download the file twice and both times it gives me errors and won't let me open it. So, I attempted to fix it via your instructions. I removed the negative inset on the deck and the back so the back would be flush to the deck. I then compensated this change by raising the toe kick by 1/2\". Thought this might fix it, but it is still being a little pain in the you know what! Again, thanks for your help thus far. I'll keep knocking at it and see what I can do from this end.

Jay
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jay, Here is the file zipped up. Maybe you will have better luck with it.
Attachments
Utility_Combo.zip
(263.21 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Scott, Good news, good news!! It worked, but only after I updated to build 3. Thank you very much for your help. Now I can finish this house quote. Well, back to work......