any college football fans?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

who will win the mythical national championship?

auburn tigers
No votes
fighting irish
13%
schlonghorns
No votes
trojans
No votes
buckeyes
13%
mountaineers
7%
other
67%

Total votes: 15

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Postby Jeremy Schiffer » Thu, Aug 31 2006, 4:35PM

TOO FUNNY RICK!! :lol:

No sweat Paul, the \"fuzzy sticks\" avatar is only temporary, cause I can't stand looking at it either! :wink:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12

Brian Rowland

Re:

Postby Brian Rowland » Thu, Aug 31 2006, 4:56PM

Jason Susnjara wrote:You forgot to put the Michigan Wolverines on the list.... Huge college football fan plus a huge pro football fan. Just got done with our fantasy draft the day before I left for Atlanta.

Can't get enough

I only listed the "trendy" pre-season picks to win each of the major conferences (plus notre dame). Notice I didn't put my Sooners in there either, even though they should win the Big XII.

Joe Stone

Postby Joe Stone » Sat, Sep 02 2006, 9:57PM

Jason,

No they didn't forget Michigan. No way do they go undefeated with the type of rivalries they face in the big ten. The teams they always have trouble with are very strong this year. I grew up a hardcore Michigan fan, can't imagine them matching their record with the fab level of talent until Carr gets fired or run out. College football has swung for now to offensive football unlike the NFL. Carr is a defensive coach all the way. Too conservative, and he frankly doesn't understand the first thing about the current complexities that most top teams implement in their passing games.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Postby Dale Wills » Mon, Sep 04 2006, 2:48AM

You guys obviously haven't discovered AFL yet....Australian Rules Football...Can't get a better sport...combines the upmost skill, agility, endurance and tactical plays. Get on it !!!

Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Postby Mike Bowers » Thu, Sep 07 2006, 2:00PM

Don't forget the Gators & Noles!!! I'm glad you left out Miami 8) 8)
We love what we do, we do it well.

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Postby Jeremy Schiffer » Thu, Sep 07 2006, 5:28PM

Hey Dale, I love that sport. I really got into watching it a few years ago. To me, it's the perfect combination of football and hockey. They don't wear any protective gear, and man, they play rough! Running up the other guy's back to catch the ball. And ya gotta love those Panama Jack looking umpires!!

:beer:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12

Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Postby Mike Bowers » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 8:42PM

Mike Bowers wrote:
Don't forget the Gators
& Noles!!! I'm glad you left out Miami 8) 8)
Watch out the 1 guy who voted for Ohio State :lol: The Gators (who were not even given a poll option :roll: ) are knocking on the door!! :shock: :beer: Should be a great game!
Mike

Joe Stone

Postby Joe Stone » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 9:15PM

I just knew this one would come back at some point to bite me. I grew up a hard core Michigan fan and just could not take the big game beatings any more. The year after I wrote them off they won the first national championship. I shot off my mouth about Jason putting them in the contendors class and all season I kept saying here we go again. I first want to appologize to Jason- GReat call on what sure is a great team. Secondly what I said about the money and all of it being fixed for maas public consumption..... well I sure won't appologize for that EVER. I played at a division 2 school and we competed in a playoff system and they still do on every other level. Why?? They don't have the money to worry about, just the pure competition. I hate to say it being a former Michigan fan and current Michigan hater but THEY GOT SCREWED. I do very much like the Gators and they are also a very good team, but I think the best two teams should play and that's Mich and OSU. If Michigan hadn any competant defensive coaching they would have gone to a dime in the first half and shut down OSU's passing like they did after halftime. I actually think with any other of the top 20 coaching staffs in the country Mich would have DOMINATED their schedule completely including OSU and be 12-0.

It still should be a great game and may the best team win. Lets just hope it's like last year and the refs don't make a mess of it.

Joe
Joe Stone

Joe Stone

Postby Joe Stone » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 9:19PM

sorry duplicate
Joe Stone

Brian Rowland

Re:

Postby Brian Rowland » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 10:36PM

Brian Rowland wrote: I only listed the "trendy" pre-season picks to win each of the major conferences (plus notre dame). Notice I didn't put my Sooners in there either, even though they should win the Big XII.
Sooners = Big XII Champs heading to the fiesta :D

You can say Michigan got screwed, and you're right, but they had their chance to earn their way into the title game.

If Michigan would have been chosen to go play Ohio State again, then you would have to say Florida got screwed. They played a tougher schedule in a tougher conference AND played in a conference championship game. Something the Big Eleven teams don't have to contend with.

The bottom line is: the BCS is retarded. It's stupid beyond words. Using a beauty contest to vote for two teams to have the right to play for a championship is absurd.

Can you imagine voting for the two teams to play for the Stanley Cup or the World Series.

We need a four team play-off. It's very possible LSU could win the national title if THEY had a shot at it!

So frustrating...
\"Do, or do not. There is no try.\"

Brian Rowland

Re:

Postby Brian Rowland » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 10:46PM

Joe Stone wrote:I actually think with any other of the top 20 coaching staffs in the country Mich would have DOMINATED their schedule completely including OSU and be 12-0.
Michigan DID dominate their schedule. They're 11-1. They lost only to the number one team in the country, with the heisman trophy winner at quarterback, by three points...on the road!

You don't have a season like that with bums as coaches.
\"Do, or do not. There is no try.\"

Joe Stone

Postby Joe Stone » Wed, Dec 06 2006, 7:39AM

Brian,

Part of this years difference is Loyd let his assistants coach instead of sticking his nose in constantly to overrule people. His assistants are ok but not great. New defensive coordinator this year who could not adjust to what Ohio State did the whole first half-poor coaching. The offensive coordinator just came back after having been the offensive coordinator under Loyd previously. He took the head coaching job at Central Michigan and they stunk the whole time he was there. By the way the new coach at Central just won the MAC championship in his second year with the same players. I have watched this rivalry for a long time. I watched that dope John Cooper loose year after year to Michigan who had less talent. The guy outspent even Miami to get all the best high school players and somehow never got caught. He still couldn't win the big game because he was a BAD coach. Look at Loyds resume and tell me he is anything better than the sixth or seventh best coach in the Big Ten, let alone in the country. It just doesn't do the University of Michigan justice to have such an inferior staff at such a great program.

11-1 is a great year but I watched this team all year and they are in my opinion the best team in the country. Most complete balance on both sides, deepest at all positions (except quarterback). Florida plays what should be there back up quarterback and still wins. I love Floridas team other than Chris Leak. I am just all too tired of these sissy quarterbacks like him getting all the hype when the opposing coaches all year just blitz the hell out of them and watch him throw off his back foot like he thinks he is Brett Favre or something. Brett has been the worst thing to happen to young quarterbacks in a long time. The natural sissies see him do that and think they can do it to avoid being hit. HE does it to buy and extra half second to get off a throw he shouldn't make, he still gets nailed and gets up every time. If they had played Tebo from the start they might be a one loss team with a now seasoned TOUGH leader ready to win the title. I will be surprised if they beat OSU because of a lack of on field leadership. The coach is great but he can't do it all.

I stll think it will be a good game and Florida is also deserving.
8 team playoff and LSU, BOISE, RUTGERS, and some others should get their shot. THAT is what its supposed to be about- getting and taking your best shot. Its a lot easier to handle loosing if you at lleast get your shot.

Joe
Joe Stone

gordonjackson

Postby gordonjackson » Wed, Dec 06 2006, 8:18PM

Being an LSU fan and a Saints fan, I am having a pretty good year this year. There is no doubt that the SEC is the toughest conference in the country. As much as I can't stand 'em, Florida is going to be it. I think the BCS should just drop the \"C\" and just call themselves BS because that's what it is. How about we do the same for the NFL. At the end of the season we see who wins their divisional playoff games then we take a vote to see who has the best team; rediculous!

Dave Liggett

Postby Dave Liggett » Wed, Dec 13 2006, 12:28AM

I had to vote \"other\" just based on that no team from west of the Mississippi was listed. (Calif teams don't count). The question was who would win, not who should win, so I quess I would have to say OSU. BCS is BS. yea Boise State plays in a weaker conference, but they have some quality wins-should get a chance to show what they can do. Besides, they play on a BLUE field-should count for something!!!
Joe-being from Montana I am familiar with the rivalaries like UM vs Marshall (past) vs Georgia Southern, etc. in the 1AA playoffs, I agree, that's the way things should be decided. If 1AA can do it why can't 1A. Just the dollars.
By the way-am I the only one who lives in the mountain states??
Dave

Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Postby Mike Bowers » Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:29AM

Joe Stone wrote:Brian,

Part of this years difference is Loyd let his assistants coach instead of sticking his nose in constantly to overrule people. His assistants are ok but not great. New defensive coordinator this year who could not adjust to what Ohio State did the whole first half-poor coaching. The offensive coordinator just came back after having been the offensive coordinator under Loyd previously. He took the head coaching job at Central Michigan and they stunk the whole time he was there. By the way the new coach at Central just won the MAC championship in his second year with the same players. I have watched this rivalry for a long time. I watched that dope John Cooper loose year after year to Michigan who had less talent. The guy outspent even Miami to get all the best high school players and somehow never got caught. He still couldn't win the big game because he was a BAD coach. Look at Loyds resume and tell me he is anything better than the sixth or seventh best coach in the Big Ten, let alone in the country. It just doesn't do the University of Michigan justice to have such an inferior staff at such a great program.

11-1 is a great year but I watched this team all year and they are in my opinion the best team in the country. Most complete balance on both sides, deepest at all positions (except quarterback). Florida plays what should be there back up quarterback and still wins. I love Floridas team other than Chris Leak. I am just all too tired of these sissy quarterbacks like him getting all the hype when the opposing coaches all year just blitz the hell out of them and watch him throw off his back foot like he thinks he is Brett Favre or something. Brett has been the worst thing to happen to young quarterbacks in a long time. The natural sissies see him do that and think they can do it to avoid being hit. HE does it to buy and extra half second to get off a throw he shouldn't make, he still gets nailed and gets up every time. If they had played Tebo from the start they might be a one loss team with a now seasoned TOUGH leader ready to win the title.
I will be surprised if they beat OSU because of a lack of on field leadership.
The coach is great but he can't do it all.

I stll think it will be a good game and Florida is also deserving.
8 team playoff and LSU, BOISE, RUTGERS, and some others should get their shot. THAT is what its supposed to be about- getting and taking your best shot. Its a lot easier to handle loosing if you at lleast get your shot.

Joe

Surprise!!!!
Enough said :wink:

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”