See comments below
25%

Total votes: 8

Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Quick poll on pricing

Post by Brian Bauer »

Hey all,

I am wondering how my pricing stacks up with others we have been struggling with this for some time now.

For starters there is 50 l/f of cabs in this kitchen. A l/f for me is uppers and lowers are figured separate and tall cabs count as double the l/f.

This kitchen is in lyptus and is going to have a clear finish mac lac pre cat , 5 pc raised panel doors, tandem slides , 7 pull outs in the pantry, pull out trash, wine rack , roll out pull out in the blind corner, Two pull out spice racks, korbels on the island, and figure in all the bells and whistles.

My price worked out to $343.00 l/f

Thanks any and all input is greatly appreciated, BTW i am locted in northern california if that makes a difference.

Brian Bauer
Attachments
jani 1st rev island.jpg
jani 1st rev island.jpg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 14147 times
jani 1st rev 2.jpg
jani 1st rev 2.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 14147 times
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Brian,
If you don't mind, post the job file. I would like to run it through my pricing and see how we compare.
Kerry
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Brian,

I would think that your price is pretty close to mine because at first sight I would have priced it at $18,000.00 total with laminate counter top, cabinet to an 8 foot ceiling with cornice at the top.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Jean cabinetry stops at the 84\"level low wall on kit sink wall only like 89\" high, also no countertops. they are doing fake quartz zodiac i think. Price is delivered, and not installed.
Brian
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Then you're probably a couple of grants above where I would be.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Kerry here it is i think.

I for some reason can't seem to get the job file loaded i can get it zipped but it wont send, must be me. any clues?
Brian
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Brian,
You might try clicking on your name in any of the forums and it will take you where you can see if you have reached your upload quota. If you have you will have to delete some of the old uploads. The forum won't tell you that you reached the limit, it just won't upload the file.
Kerry
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Brian,

I would be pretty close to that. I do not finish but do install. I know that Lyptus is expensive. Also that blind corner hardware isn't cheap. I recently figured that a raised panel,red oak Base(faceframe) cabinet, 5/8\"Melamine int. w/ undermount slides(one drawer per 2' cab) and dovetail ply drawer box, could not be made for much less than about $225 per foot. (unfinished,delivered and installed).

Brian Shannon
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

uploads

Post by Brian Bauer »

Kerry

For some reason it will not let me put the file in , in add attachments area.
It will llet me select it in filename only. I deleted almost all of the old uploads and the file isn't that big.

Brian
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Brian,
Last edited by Kerry Fullington on Sun, Sep 10 2006, 7:57PM, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Kerry
The last time i did that many door and drawers it was all dovetail solid wood and raised panel doors. those jobs were $35,000 and $40,000 i usually get one good job a year i'm still waiting for this years. most of the stuff we do lately is around $8,000 to $10,000 not enough to survive on. that is why the poll i am trying to figure out how much to raise the price without scaring off the customer. I have been reading on the board about how cabinet makers are trying to get a budget out of homeowners. They simply won't give a number around here. Guess i'm going to have to insist on a budget or tell them big orange or big blue are waiting for them. Funny thing is this job was a referal from another client that was a nightmare, and the new lady went to big blue and scared her off by saying that their cabinetry arrives a little broken up most of the time , way to go big blue :lol: sorry for the ramble but i need to get these issues ironed out soon, or it will be the soup line for me :(

Thanks for all the help Kerry
Brian
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Kerry here you go
Attachments
jani.esj
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 478 times
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Brian,

It may be the soup line if you don't ask what it's worth for you to spend the kind of time required to deal with a picky customer. After talking with \"Big Blue\", she must realize that you get what you pay for. I'll bet she didn't see any Lyptus at \"Big Blue\"! I'm curious to see what Kerry comes up with. He's pretty dialed-in on his costs.

Brian S
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Brian,
I am in the midwest, I build frameless, 3/4 clearcote maple vcp interiors,dovetail drawers on accuride undermounts,salice hinges,5 pc doors and drawer fronts.With the info you have given and without having your file, I will offer this pricing as close....

I would build this job with a dye/stain/clearcote finish for $15,200
I would deliver this job within 1 hr for $500
I would install this job within 1 hr for $1500-1800

And from 15 yrs experience,If I found out the customer was a p.i.a. in time, I WOULD ADD 50% HASSLE TAX, and hope she goes some where else at that.I am dealing with one right now that is just sucking the life out of me. She spent 4 hrs deciding the outside profile on her doors and I only give 8 choices..
Good Luck,
Mike
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Well I sent the bid off for $18232.50 finished and delivered. seems high but maybe i've been too low for a while. will wait and see, Are e cab drawings strong enough to sell the tough customers? We'll see. These cabs do have all the bells and whistles in them they are a little plain on the outside though.

On another note why is lyptus hardwood so cheap and the plywood soo expensive? and the door companies why do they vary so much on their prices? one company $20 sq ft another $14. hmmmm.

Thanks to all who replied could still use more input though.

Brian Bauer