Beaded Face Frames with Inset Doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Beaded Face Frames with Inset Doors

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,

I think it would be far easier to simulate the look of beaded inset bu placing the bead on a door to get the look instead of the tedious face frame method.

Kerry
David Werkheiser

Post by David Werkheiser »

I've used a jig like what Kerry showed for years, but have not always had perfect miters. I looked into the Hoffman Morso notching machine but at $8,000 its out of my price range. Has anyone used the Kreg machine? At $500 it seems cost effective for the small shop, if it works
David Werkheiser
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Just modify an existing library cabinet that you have saved with the beaded profile. Width of cabinet shouldn't be a problem, intersecting center stiles on the other hand would be a tedious problem that would have to be dealt with on an individual basis.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

I just posted a series of videos on our subscription website about the haunched and beaded face frame look. It is under the category of "Knowledge Base", then "Face Frames - Unique". It's fairly easy to get the cuts you need and the bead, but the challenge really comes when you constrain the parts, so that the chamfers or locations of the haunch do not change when a cabinet is resized. Assigning constraint dimensions took nearly as long as creating all of the geometry and can be problematic until you get it right. The term "Save often" is appropriate.

This video does include creating a template file that can be used in the Part Editor to cut the haunches. It also has a video on creating a profile tool for the bead. There are five videos for a total of around 44 minutes.

Our video tutorial web page is: http://www.thermwood.com/eCabinetSystemsTrainingCenter

I should note that these are fairly fast paced videos with the expectation that you already have some of the fundamentals under your belt and can navigate from editor to editor saving your file along the way.

Have a great day!

Dennis
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Dennis
I have to give you 5-"STARS" for the haunched and beaded face frame videos.
I would like you to take the rest of the day off :beer:
It makes it very easy to do with your videos
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

I made a master bedroom cabinet with a build in headboard in it years ago and I wanted to make beaded face frame in e-Cabinets for it.I was not sure how to do it. But Dennis made it very easy for me to do today :beer:
Attachments
6.jpg
1.jpg
5.JPG
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

After sleeping on this topic some more, I've posted two more videos this morning. The first video shows alternative methods for creating the geometry and cutting it out in the Part Editor. And the second video shows a method for using the Constraint Manager that is easier because it reduces the quantity of constraints significantly. The two videos are significantly shorter than before.

Dennis