Out of Memory

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dan,
Didn't take the desktop back to 10 till this morning. It was still running 11 and was able to modify and save the job while the other two can't.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Well that shoots a big hole in that theory :lol:
Dan Gilleece

Post by Dan Gilleece »

Kerry,

Did you have a chance to look into the Event Viewer yet?

Dan
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

With Kerry's help, we are now able to reproduce this problem. It does not appear to be Windows-related. More info to follow later.....
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

WooHoo!!! Maybe this will help alleviate many of the memory related issues.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Lots of stuff going on in this thread, and I am late to the party, but relating to job file size when saving the room, I noticed on my machine that having several drawings made in the DE and saved with the job adds LOTS of size to the job and slows the saving process accordingly.

I don't make any drawings until I am completely done with the job, have it sold and then run them. If I make drawings to aid in the design, I kill it off immediately after use.
regards to all,
Greg Smith
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Greg Smith »

Did you ever get this issue worked out. I'm having the same problem with a job I'm trying to get done and can't get the final details drawn.
Brian Rowland

Post by Brian Rowland »

That's an awesome rendering. Wow.
\"Do, or do not. There is no try.\"
Floyd Meredith

Post by Floyd Meredith »

I got an \"out of memory\"message today when leaving the Line drawing area to go back to Custom Layout. I had to exit without saving. This is a small uncomplicated Kitchen design. The message said, \"Ecabinets is out of memory\".

Floyd
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

This out Of Memory stuff is expanding. I have a new Dell Precision PWS490 Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.2 Ghz 3.19 Ghz,3.0GB RAM XP Pro Service pack 2.

I also have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 with the downloaded tweak applied

The Page file is set to 4605 MB initial and 9210 MB Max.

Please lets get a fix on this. I have nearly 130 houses coming up this year and can't even save the files I have now.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
mikesand

heavy file

Post by mikesand »

Wow, that file killed my computer too. It took at least a minute to save, and panning/rotating was the worst I have ever seen.

I use a Dell M70 2.26 Ghz / 256 Quadro fx 1400 / and a gig of memory. I have had some pretty big files before with no problems, although thee are a lot of 5 piece doors/panels on this kitchen.

I haven't used Ecabs for a while and have been using Auto Desk Inventor a whole lot lately. I even have a trial version of Solid Works loaded up, but don't use it now. Could using these other programs have affected my system for Ecabs performance?
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

The other programs shouldn't affect eCabinets unless you have them running at the same time.
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

I have ran them at the same time and it tends to crash if I try a big operation like changing all the doors.

I notice that Ecabs does seem to be running slower than it used to. What is the easiest way to track down useless background programs and disable them?

I have thought about setting up a new user on my computer and not have Norton, the Explorer add ons, google desktop, office and the like in that start up menu. Would that work? Or is there some simple way to (with a few clicks) disable all tis stuff when it is not needed, then enable it later?

Thanks for shareing you expertise.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Norton AV is one of the worst memory hogs you can put on a computer and Symantec isn't much better. I use AVG--it has a very small memory footprint and works very well. There is a free version that you can download that is just anti-virus.

Office and the Google desktop will take memory from the system. The amount used varies depending on just what is loaded.

I load nothing in startup that isn't essential to the operating system. Many programs want to load an \"update checker\" and I disable all of those. The only automatic updates I use are Microsoft Update and AVG. AVG runs at a specific time each night so it doesn't take memory any other time. I have Microsoft Update set to download but let me choose when to install.

You can remove anything from the start up menu easily. Just right-click on the status bar and choose Properties. Cleck the Start Menu tab then click the Classic Start Menu radio button. Next click the Customize button. On the displayed dialog, click the Advanced button and browse to Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup. There you can delete any of the links to prevent them from starting when you restart the computer.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Regards to all and especially the attempt to keep this thread going. It is having grave results to my production. And needless to say I am a sitting duck in water without a resolution.

I have AVG installed and my scans are done in the wee hours of the morning. So I am minimal in other programs running in the background.

I have noticed the remarks of Peter Walsh confirming what I have determined in the past with the LDE. I realize it does consume huge amounts of memory.

However I have larger files with no problems whatsoever loading and saving them. I have noticed that if I delete the cabinets and reinsert them according to their required sizes (not changing them while in the room) the file saves without problem.

3 gig of RAM should be sufficient to run this software. I paid over 4800 bucks for this computer and it does not have problems running the program. Just certain scenarios result in memory loss.

I have no way from here to upload one of these files but will gladly send it via disk. If needed.

Thanks guys keep up the great support.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650