drawer fronts in a face frame cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

peter keiser

drawer fronts in a face frame cabinet

Post by peter keiser »

i have a face frame cabinet divided with two mid stiles three equal spaces no mid rails .
i want to install 9 equal drawer fronts flush with the face frames three in each space.how is it done?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

When you get the dialog box for installing drawers, enter 3 in the quantity box at the top. Change the inset to the thickness of the drawer fronts and you are good to go.
peter keiser

thank you

Post by peter keiser »

thanks for the help dan i find myself groping in the dark quite often.
heres another one.this same cabinet now has a face frame around the perimeter with two partitions three equal spaces i want to use a euro set up, three doors.i tried using the same method you showed me but i keep getting three horizontal doors .three doors, but horizontal,stacked one on top of the other like a legal book case. i hope you can help me .
Peter
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Unless you have mid stiles over the partitions you will have to manually add each drawer via the Load Item dialog (the same place you load a cabinet but click the Doors/Drawers radio button on the dialog).

You will need to know the size of each door before loading it and you will have to manually place them into the correct location. This isn't so bad with full overlay or full inset doors but it can be a little trying with partial overlay doors.

Don't forget to associate the doors with the cabinet before you save or they will magically disappear :lol: To do this just double-click the cabinet to select it then click a door to select it, right-click and choose \"Associations - Associate to cabinet\" from the context menu.