Thermwood team...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dan,
Here's what happened to me. The customer added a fireplace mantel assy to the project. I added that section into the wall of cabs I had built. I highlighted only the new cab assy for an independent pricing on that assy alone, and did not get the cost and price merging you alluded to. In fact, it didn't show any board stock at all in the costing sheet.

When I took the assy by itself to a room and then ran the program it did perform as advertised. I can only assume when I run the whole room project it works.

Still don't know where the check-off box is you mentioned.

Learn, learn, learn. Now if we could just do it without embarrassment!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

The check box is on the file save dialog when you create a display part in the display part editor.

I'm not sure what happened on the cut list for you. Try opening the cabinet editor with just the mantel and see if it shows on the cut list and cost sheet.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dan,
First, I can find no check-off box in any dialog I get as you describe. Can you describe exactly which editor you are in and how you are making and then manipulating the part? Most of my display boards/sheets are not modified in the part editor but are merely trim boards with simple dimensions and get placed in the cabinet/assy accordingly.

Second,
I have taken the assy into the cabinet editor all by itself and it does not price correctly. The cut list seems correct at a glance but the cost program misses a whole sheet of cherry plywood.
When I price it as the only assy in a room it prices and cut lists correctly.

Still hanging in there.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

The check box is in the Display Part Editor, not the Part Editor (see attached images).

The cut list works like this--if the unit has not been nested then total square inches are used for sheet stock because it has not been optimized yet. Once it has been nested it shows the correct amount of sheet stock.
Attachments
Cut List Part.jpg
Cut List Part.jpg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 7157 times
Display Part Editor.jpg
Display Part Editor.jpg (14.12 KiB) Viewed 7183 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Peter,
I don't have to do anything. When I add a Display board it is in the cut list as a Display Board Part.
It is listed in the Board Stock summary also.

Also for pricing I would always either place the cabinets in a room or batch them and run the nest to get accurate material count. Use that for your pricing.

Kerry
Last edited by Kerry Fullington on Fri, Jan 05 2007, 5:34PM, edited 1 time in total.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Peter,
I don't have to do anything. When I add a Display board it is in the cut list as a Display Board Part.
It is listed in the Board Stock summary also.
Kerry
Same here.
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Peter
Mine adds it also and I never had to check any box.
It is located on the tail end of the cutlist summary pages as display parts or any parts that you used a pre defined material for.

Brian
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !
Roger Erismann

same here only display cubes don't show

Post by Roger Erismann »

Haven't used the door part funtion yet nor the dovetail drawer function however the cutlist produced by e-cabs has been a very accurate and indispensable tool for me...
Wood Butcher/Case Maker