Error Message \"Unable to Open HOOPS data\"

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Christopher Stapleton

Error Message \"Unable to Open HOOPS data\"

Post by Christopher Stapleton »

The attched assembly cannot be loaded.
Have tried altering my virtual memory to system managed, no luck.

My customer and I are losing faith in this obvouly capable but, at least for me, very quirky, and unreliable tool.

Can anyone restore my faith.

Thanks

CPS
Craftsman Woodworks
Attachments
Puccio Base v2.esa
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 410 times
CPS
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Did you get this worked out? If not, zip the assembly and post it and I will give it a try.
Christopher Stapleton

Zipped Assembly

I have not worked it out and ended up starting all over.
a couple hours of swaping emails and files w/ T'wood, no word back from them. wlater Scott seems to be focused on the cabinets rather than the assembly.

Grateful for any assitance.
Attachments
Base Assembly will not load.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 398 times
CPS
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

When I try to open the Puccio Base it gets to 83% and hits the HOOPS error. This is indicative of a bad cabinet in the assembly and it sounds like Walker is on the right track.

I thing I noticed is that you have materials with the same name defined in several places. For example you have a material called Puccio Base defined as board stock and as banding stock. You also have 1/8 Mirror Shelf and 3/8 Glass Shelf defined as banding stock and sheet stock.

This could be causing the problems you are experiencing, especially with the materials defined in banding stock.
Christopher Stapleton

Materials Definition

Dan,

I confirm the Puccio base as board stock, it is a project specific exisiting base board condition used as a display borad in the assembly. I do not see it anywhere else in my material library.

I also confirm the 1/8\" mirror and 3/8\" galss shelf as sheet stock.

However, I do not see any naming conflicts across my materials library or any banding stock or other material that is incorrectly categorized. Am I missing something.

How else whould I treat glasss shelving and mirrors if not as sheet stock or display cubes (less desirable to me becasue of the cut list issues)

thanks again in advance
CPS
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Here is what I end up with after opening \"Upper w panels\" and attempting to open \"Puccio base\".
Attachments
Banding.jpg
Banding.jpg (62.38 KiB) Viewed 8140 times
Board.jpg
Board.jpg (59.39 KiB) Viewed 8140 times
Sheet.jpg
Sheet.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 8140 times
Christopher Stapleton

Still Stumped

Dan,

I do not have this banding stock named Puccio base in my Material Library. I tried unsucessfully to print screen a view of it, save in paint, and add the atachement. How are you capturing your screen images?

Notwithstanding, I can see that having board stock with the same name as same as the assembly, or componenets thereof, might present a naming recognition conflict (can't say as I see how but, I'll change it anyway)

How do you suppose this banding stock is creating itself in the files I sent you?
CPS
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

I looked at one of the shelves and it is banded with glass shelf.

I think you need to go through each cabinet of each assembly part-by-part and check all construction settings, edge banding, etc.

Somewhere along the line you have defined something incorrectly and if you are using a seed cabinet that is setup incorrectly, everything you create from it will be wrong. Make sure you check every cabinet in your library then delete the duplicate materials.

It might be easier to scrap everything and reinstall from scratch if you don't have a large library of seed cabinets. Once you do this you should redesign all of your cabinets because if you use the same cabinets you will be back in the same fix.

Afterwards define only the materials you need and give them names that you would use to purchase the materials. Using job names for materials just clutters the materials database and makes it difficult to locate problems.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news like this but this is the only way to clean up your installation.