Countertop glitch

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Christopher Stapleton

Countertop glitch

Post by Christopher Stapleton »

Greetings,

I cannot seem to correctly add a countertop (in the standard fashion from the detail room screen) to the the attached bar base aeembly.

It appears that the countertop creator will not select one of the corners, and instead wants to select what appears to be the outside edge of the toe kick or base molding.

I have tried disassociating all display panels, toe kiska nd moldings from this all base cabintes, but this does not colve the problem. Can anyone suggest another reason why the corner cannot be selected?

Thx
Attachments
Base v4.esa
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 408 times
CPS
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Did a prompt box open asking to select height?
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Christopher Stapleton

Prior to seperating the association between the toe kicks and the cabinets...Yes. I selected the 40.75\" altitude and carried on, but it still goes to the toekick or molding edge, I cannot tell which.

After the disassociation, I do not get that dialog box. But you can still sort of tell where the selector is, based on wheter you can see the whole selector (becasuse it hovers over the top of the cabinet) or a portion of it is obscured (because it is selcting an item below the top of the cabinet and the top partially obscures the selector).

It is the left most edge on the inside of the angled cabinets that I'm having trouble with.

Thx

CPS
CPS
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

I had a similar problem, I started with the hight top first & it would not show a node for lower top so I deleted all tops, then did the lower top first. It then showed the proper node for hight top.
Mike
Christopher Stapleton

Won't this create two tops, one for the toe kick and one for the bar base?

Do I just delete the one I dont want then?

Thx
CPS
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Let me reiterate, I assume are using a detached kick, not sure if there would be a difference between face frame or frame less in this case. The software will differentiate between all 3 heights. But I'm confused, the software gives a option at 4\" in top editor? By chance is this a strait or L shape design? Mine was an L with minor detailing. Upload it & we all can take a look
Mike
Christopher Stapleton

Mike,

Thanks for your continued interest. The bar base unit is an L or J shaped one except that the corener is formed by a standard cabinet alighed 45 dgree to it adjacent cabinets. A corner cabinet could have been used I suppose, but this is not what the customer wanted.

The base cabinets are defined as having a detached toe kisk w/ a 4\" height. These toe kicks have 3/4\" blocking applied around the outseide perimiter so that the applied base molding lays on top of the diaply panels applied to the outside (back) of the base cabinets.

The base unit is attached here.

Thanks

CPS
Attachments
Puccio Base.esa
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 390 times
CPS
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Now I'm following, here is a trick out of \"Kerry's Mind\" Attached are pics. First in cab ed make a cabinet 3/4 x 3/4 nothing but one side should remain & it's 3/4 deep (make sure you change the cab width to 3/4 as well) Then save as FPO (for position only) the height can be changed like any other cab. Place your assembly in a room, then place these FPO's at your angles or any where you need a top to go. Hope that helps.
Mike
Attachments
FPO.jpg
FPO.jpg (21.28 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
FPO2.jpg
FPO2.jpg (24.26 KiB) Viewed 7806 times