cutlists/inventory

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Sharon Beauchamp

cutlists/inventory

Post by Sharon Beauchamp »

I am new to ecabinets and this forum but look forward to getting acquainted. My comment on the cutlists is that I like being able to send to excel spreadsheets and sort the data as needed. My son who owns the cabinet shop that I am working for on the other hand is not experienced in working with spreadsheets or much software at all. The format of the cutlists proved to be frustrating for him. We now have that issue worked out though.
My question is also related to the cutlists. Has anyone tried to use the cutlists, or anything from this program, to intregate with an accounting program? Microsoft has several products for accounting that use excel spreadsheets and I am wondering if and how these files might be linked and used.

Thanks for your input.
Sharon
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Sharon,
What Microsoft program are you wanting to send the cutlist to? I would think if the software used the excel spreadsheet format, it would work!
Sharon Beauchamp

I have Microsoft Office Accounting for one. I thought there may be a way to use the info from the cutlist to keep inventory current or things such as that. Have you tried this?

Thanks
Sharon
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

No, I have not. The only thing to do is try it, and see what happens.... But let us know either way.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Sharon

If you can import data using an Excel spreadsheet, then you should be able to do what you want.

You will have to create an intermediate worksheet that takes values from the original as exported from eCabinets and reformat them to meet the requirements of the import function of your accounting software.

You can do this for any software that will accept data imported from Excel, whether it is in worksheet or comma separated values (CSV) format .
Sharon Beauchamp

Thanks Dan,

I am winding down 2006 business and looking forward to playing with these programs. I will let you know what comes of it if you wish.

Thanks again.
Sharon
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Do let us know how it works out Sharon and if you have any questions, be sure to post them.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Todd,

Can the excell export be used for Quick Books to reflect the stock usage?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael Yeargain wrote:Todd,

If you can import data from an Excel spreadsheet into Quick Books then you can use it. All you have to do is format the spreadsheet to what Quick Books wants.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Re:

Post by Michael Yeargain »

DanEpps wrote:
Michael Yeargain wrote:Todd,

If you can import data from an Excel spreadsheet into Quick Books then you can use it. All you have to do is format the spreadsheet to what Quick Books wants.

UcJGkhki% JHiu kiuohji%^& Greek and FGHtyuihj Hebrew jhgiou irt rey Really? :cry:

I guess I'll have to find a excell disasembler school hu?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Look through the Quick Books documentation for importing inventory data and it should have a format for the file.

It will have to have specific data in specific columns and might need specific header names--like batch import for eCabinets.

Some accounting programs allow you to define parameters for your import data format so you can use CSV files.
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

I don't use inventory but I do use QuickBooks Pro 2007. You can import an Excel worksheet and you can do data mapping. From my modest poking around though, I think it would be difficult to use the eCabs cutlist exported to Excel to control inventory. The cutlist shows the quantity used while QuickBooks would be importing the \"on hand\" quantity. At least that's what QB Help says.

Perhaps someone with more QuickBooks experience can verify.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

That sounds like you would have to first export quantity on hand from Quick Books. Then setup a macro to subtract quantity used from the eCabinets export and import the resulting balance into Quick Books.

Is there any way to import invoice information and have it subtract the quantity used? I don't know about Quick Books but a lot of accounting programs subtract from inventory as a function of invoicing.
Sharon Beauchamp

Don, That is my ultimate goal, to subtract from inventory when invoicing. I have so much to learn about the ecabinet system yet so can't contribute to this dialogue. You guys keep it up though as I am learning from your \"conversations\".
Thanks
Sharon