Not Funny - Resizing Problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Not Funny - Resizing Problems

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I'm having a problem with a few parts in the cabinet not resizing with the rest. My cabinet design is not the norm for the toe kick. I had to add a panel to represent the toekick so I didn't get the cutout on the side of the cabinet. I did this and it is associated with the cabinet. Also my face frame lower rail has a cutout in it that I did through the parts editor. The toekick (display panel) will not resize and the bottom rail doesn't stretch from the middle, it stretches fro the right side and makes the cutout off center. How do I correct this. Thank you.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Leo,
As far as I know, part editor cuts cannot be resized with cabinet. You have to make your part editor cuts after you have cabinet complete and properly sized.
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Leo,

Your toe kick does not need to be a display panel. Add the toe back and give it the front inset you need. Then make the height .001 and change the deck inset to the height you want the toe and the toe will follow it. It will then resize with the cab. This way you can add construction jointery as well. Someone with more part editor knowledge may know if you can put constraints on the edits. Kerry?

Forrest
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

leo

Attached is a cabinet that is almost exactly what you want. I offset the toe kick and then took it into the part editor and put a simple cut in it. I then took it into the constraint manager and constrained the cut. Look over the construction settings and let me know if you have any questions. 18002213865 ext 245
Attachments
test cabinet.hsf
(267.57 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Hey Daniel,
Thanks for the work you've provided to me. I looked it over and figured out a few things on your construction. I would like my cabinets to react like this one does. However I was wondering if it can be done with the left and right styles coming down to the floor, the full height of the cabinet instead of stopping at the extended toe kick? I wasn't able to figure out how you we able to make the left and right styles short. I couldn't find it in the construction. Also in the construction the bottom rail is listed as 2\" material. Kind of confusing since it is a 5\" toekick. I am assuming there is no bottom rail and the -.75\" offset makes the toekick become the bottom rail. Let me think about it for a while for as I write this different ideas are coming into my head on how this is working. Again, thanks for the example file.

Leo
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Is this what you had in mind Leo?
Attachments
test_cabinet_102.1.hsf
(267.93 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
test_cabinet_102.1.jpg
test_cabinet_102.1.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 11055 times
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Wow - I had some really funky results using the constraint manager. Some of the entries changed the shape of my toekick. After switching back and forth between my cabinet and the one Daniel posted for download I got it to work. The decorative faceframe lower rail resizes properly. Thanks to you too Forrest, your suggestion using the .001\" toekick height did the trick. Now I have some functioning cabinets of my typical design. Thanks to all who helped and inputed suggestions. I'm sure I'll be back soon enough.

Leo
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Yes Rick, that's what I had in mind. Too bad I didn't see it in time, ended up going a different way using Forrest's suggestion with the .001\" toekick. This way I had what I call a dust stopper behind my decorative faceframe lower rail. I see how you did it with the -5.75\" FF inset, nice trick. I didn't think that would have done that and didn't even enter any numbers into that parameter. Here is what the cabinet ended up as. This is my 2 door seed, I have a single and a 3 door as well as a corner with a lazy susan. Building them up. Thanks again.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

A stretcher will work there too Leo.
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Stretcher...yep, that would have done it...

See Leo? There's TONS OF HELP up here and lots of ways to do stuff with ecabs...

sorry I steered you the wrong way on the resizing issue...
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Hey new to me, different then what most guys are doing, but we got it figured out.. That's what counts. The end product.