Drawer box sizes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jonathan Lester

Drawer box sizes

Post by Jonathan Lester »

Hello all
I just got back to the office after taking a 2 day ecab training course in Toronto. It was very good. I sat down to start building my seed cabinet and i stumbled along an issue. When I make a drawer box cabinet and apply drawers the program resizes how deep the drawer goes into the cabinet. I was wondering we order our drawer hardware at a set size wich I assume is standar for everyone, therefore we makee our drawers the recomended size for each size glide. Is there a way to make a drawer box and save it at a standard depth so that it doesnt resize as the cabinet gets deeper? ie. 23 1/2\" cabinet we use a 21 3/8\" deep drawer box. Can I make standard drawer box depths and still resize height and width? thanks in advance
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Jonathan,

In door/drawer editor when adding the construction parameters for everything after checking add drawer box enter the min. dimensions for height and depth but use the side reveal box to accomodate for your hardware this way the box will resize with the cab.

Forrest
Jonathan Lester

I think I poorly explained my issue. What I am tryin to acheive is making is so that my drawer boxes are added to cabinets in a stardard depth front to back. If I use a 23 1/2\" cabinet the software knows to use a 21 3/8\" drawer but if i go down to a 20\" cabinet I need the software to kno to use a 17 3/8\" drawer. I would need to set up approximatly 10 drawer depths.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Jonathan, you can set the distance from the back of the drawer to the back of the cabinet but I find that to be a bit of a pain because we do allot of custom depths, so then we would end up with a gazillion different sizes. What I do now is set a few depths as standard and then enter that into the min. depth input field. For instance, our standard drawer is 22\" even thou the cab may vary in depth. For vanities we use a 20\" and so on. Less confusing for the guys on the floor too.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Jonathan, doesnt your drawer side need to be in relation to your slide ?Your drawer depth will be related to the max slide you can get in any given cabinet depth.
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Jonathan Lester

hey guys
I played with ecabover the weekend and managed to get what I wanted. All I had to do was set my drawer settings to change by the increments my drawer slides change by. Thans for the help all.