problems in countertop editor & line drawing editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

problems in countertop editor & line drawing editor

Post by Nick M Singer »

I have encountered 2 more problems in eCabs and was hoping someone has a solution or can put me straight. When I take cabinets to the Line Drawing editor and view them elevation, I can not see the internals, this even if I have hidden the doors. I need to go back to the cabinet editor and delete the doors, only then can I see what is in the cabinets. When I go into the counter top editor all the walls disappear making it impossible to draw tops. What gives?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nick,
The only thing I can think of for your problem in the Line Drawing Editor is to increase the Line Enhancement. I can see all of inside of a cabinet when hiding a door.
Counter tops are created only from nodes on your cabinets so the wall don't really help. If you need to build a counter top over an open space or in corners I use a \"Marker\" to show where that corner etc. is. To create a marker take the Standard Base Frame less and make sure it is the height of your cabinets then delete everything but the top. Change the width and depth to 1\" or 2\" and you will have a little cabinet that you can place anywhere for the counter top editor to find and build a top to.
Hope this makes sense. It will show up on your cut list as a generic material and you can ignore it.
Kerry
Attachments
marker.jpg
marker.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks for the tip Kerry what line enhancement level would you recommend in general? I pushed mine up to 200 for the purpose of this exercise and I can now see the internals. As far as the countertops are concerned this is a feature in eCabs that has some way to go and yourwork around is a little rough and ready we really should not have to go to such extremes to get counter tops drawen. I have many cases where the cabinets do not go into corners making it very difficult to draw tops. Perhaps there will be improved fuctionality in the future?