Part Editor Crash

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Say

Part Editor Crash

Post by Chris Say »

I am trying to make a gun rack holder with a display panel. I have made one in the past. I will attach the old file. I make it with a series of perpendicular lines and then radius the intersections to get the look. First I have to draw all the lines. As I add about 5 or 6 lines they start deleting themselves every time I add a new one. I will send the piece I am working on as soon as I get it drawn again. If you try to add another line one will disappear. When I exit part editor eCabinets has encountered a problem and must close.
Attachments
Steve Gun Cabinet.hsf
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 421 times
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

Here is the piece I tried.
Attachments
Gun rack.esa
(45.54 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Chris, Try hitting the esc or delete key after you add a line and one vanishes. I had this happen once and one of them brought back the lines. I can't remember which.
Joe
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I tried what you said Joe without luck. I did get another error that I haven't seen before. After drawing two perpendicular lines and then trying to fillet them an error popped saying \"cannot trim bodies in different planes\". Attached is the same piece. You can see that there are lines behind the part. Today when I exit part editor eCabs does not crash.
Attachments
Gun rack.esa
(140.17 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Chris

From what I gather, \"lines in different planes\" are caused by placing a line on the back edge somehow then an intersecting line on the face.

I'm not sure how this happens but I get it mostly when trying to follow edges with the mouse instead of entering the coordinates.
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I am completely at a loss as to why I have lines in different planes. What you said makes sense. I never flipped the part to the back and I entered specific coordinates for every line. Just something new I stumbled upon, I guess.