Zoom issue

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Holzbauer

Zoom issue

Post by Lorin Holzbauer »

I seem to be experiencing an issue with using the zoom feature at the top level of the application, and in the presentation view.

When I attempt to zoom using the shift key and both mouse buttons, the view does zoom, but only to a point. After that the view disappears, and the only way back is to use the home key and reset the view.

I don't believe that this is because I'm zooming in too far such that I am passing through the cabinet because of the small increment of zoom that I see occurring prior to the image disappearing. This seem to happen when I am trying to zoom into an area that's less than approximately 10 - 12 inches.

Any clues on this?
Lorin

PS, Thanks to everyone who contributes and maintains this forum, it's a godsend when it comes to using the software...
Lorin Holzbauer

Zoom issue part 2

Post by Lorin Holzbauer »

Ok now this is weird...

I don't know if it was some combination of zooming then panning and rotating and then zooming again that was causing the issue, but now it seems as though I cannot duplicate the issue I was seeing before.

The only thing I did differently was to see how far I could zoom using the \"+\" and \"-\" buttons on the left panel. After I did that the zoom issue when using shift and both mouse buttons seemed to stop...

Another behavior I noticed when this issue was occuring was that the amount of zoom seemed to decrease to a much smaller increment, where now the zoom increment seems to remain constant.

Hope this is at least a somewhat clear explaination...
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Zoom issue part 2

Post by DanEpps »

Lorin Holzbauer wrote:Hope this is at least a somewhat clear explaination...
Here is a clearer explanation: you're using a computer and it's out to get you :wink:
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Oh Dan you big meanie, it's the filbert flange isn't meshing with the grapple grommet.