Locking up

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Locking up

Post by Chris Robinson »

I have designed a job. I select all the cabinets in the room and attempt to change materials. Once I select a material and pick apply, the system freezes. If I remove all edgebanding, and repeat the process, it works.

So, I think this issue is still linked to the addition of the edgebanding. I have also noticed that when using the edgebanding function and machine a cabinet with a slab door with edgebanding, that rolling nest cuts the door the exact size of the cabinet, dropping all edgebanding & reveal data from the door editor. (euro cab)

I am going to try to modify all of my seed cabinets and go back to the old method of accounting for edgebanding.

The computer I'm using is a Intel Duo Core 2.4ghz, 2Gb Ram, nVidia 9700 vid card with 1Gb ram, tweaked for performance, WinXP.

On all of my other Open-GL cad software, the system rocks.

Chris Robinson
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Chris,
It is not a graphics issue. The error occurs when you change the material thickness or change material type as you are creating the .twd file. This is a bug that has been reported. To avoid this, don't change the material thickness. Change the material thickness or material type before you write the .twd file. Then when you are promt to change the material thickness or material type, choose NO. Does this answer your question?
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Post by Chris Robinson »

I understand but I went through all of my seed cabinets and eliminated the edgebanding completely. I also removed the dovetail drawers from the seed cabinets and will add them in the room as needed. This helped alot with speed.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the great work.

Chris