Change Material function

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rolf Bergstrom

Change Material function

Postby Rolf Bergstrom » Wed, Jan 31 2007, 4:02PM

Has anyone else ever encountered the need for a change material function in cabinet editor for display boards and panels and such, like you can do with construction settings for cabinet members and face frames?
I just ran into a situation where this would be a huge time saver. I have some cabinets with many display boards and display panels with part editor cuts and mainly I need to change the panels to different materials as I have some choices in sheet size (several different sizes for veneer and 4' x 8' or 5' x 5' for plywood) and I want to see how each size nests.
No problem for the cabinet itself, just change it in construction settings. It would be nice to be able to click on a display panel and change the material the same way. As it is now I have to recreate all of the display panels for each material and save a new version of the cabinet. I can see where this would be nice for display boards too, like you can do with face frame components.

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Postby DanEpps » Wed, Jan 31 2007, 4:12PM

Hear, hear!!!

It would also be nice if the same function could preserve part editor cuts when changing materials for display panels or boards.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”