Blizzard hits southeast!!!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Blizzard hits southeast!!!

Post by DanEpps »

Well, maybe not by most standards, but the 2 or 3 inches that fell here overnight has crippled the whole area.

I can't say we weren't warned though. Not by the weather forecasters who just guess at it, but by what folks were buying at Wal-Mart yesterday.

The folks who really know weather were buying 10-15 gallons of milk and as much bread as the could get into their shopping carts. I'm surprised that I didn't hear \"Armed guards needed in aisle 3\" over the intercom.

Now what I want to know is just what do these folks do with all of this milk and bread? In our house we buy milk by the half-gallon and rarely empty the container before it hits the expiration date. We do use bread on the order of maybe a loaf or loaf-and-a-half per week. These folks had enough milk and bread to keep us going for about five years!

The funny thing is with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, nobody was stocking up on beer and chips! Maybe football fans know something other folks don't--like it will all melt by afternoon?

Anyway, I thought everyone in snow country would get a laugh out of the way folks act in the south when it snows. Schools are closed of course and all of the television and radio stations have continous coverage of the conditions, pre-empting regular programming.

I think I'll go have a sandwich and a glass of milk :lol:
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Ya better go sledding and build a snowman. You could use your artist skills and create a Dan the Snowman, better take a picture though as like you say, it wont hang around long.You might stay off the roads as I imagine it is like a whole highway full of 16 yr olds there...
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Sixteen year-olds are GREAT drivers compared to what it will be like this morning around here. :lol:
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

2 or 3 inches of snow... hahaha... that's barely a dusting! we don't even send the plows out until it hits 6 inches or so :) lol, enjoy your snow while it lasts :)
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dan,
We are a little better with snow than your area, it takes six inches to throw everything into chaos. Below is a picture from Clayton NM. which is just 40 miles west of where I live. I forget how much snow they got but the picture is a guy shoveling the snow off his roof. This really did shut things down. This was about a month ago.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Show off!!! :lol: We had two feet back in 1993 that really crippled us for over a week. We had no electricity for 8 days and since we had a well, that meant no water either. Our house was all electric and had no fireplace so we wore all the clothes we could put on and stayed under a pile of blankets.

As for snowplows Mark, we don't send them out for 2 or 3 inches either. In fact, we never send them out because we don't have any. :lol:

The snow has already turned to rain and it is starting to melt already. Our two Pomeranians had never seen snow before and had a blast on their walk this morning.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

I glad we don't have to shovel roofs here in sunny Fl. Love that big clump of snow on the chimey. Our tools of choice down here are chainsaws & mops for an occasional storm 8)
Mike

Dan TI is calling you :lol: Keep warm
Last edited by Mike Bowers on Thu, Feb 01 2007, 10:06AM, edited 1 time in total.
We love what we do, we do it well.
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

It is a well known fact that the north won the civil war by starting a runor that it was going to snow. Then they cane in when all the rebels went to the store.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Geo Noeth wrote:It is a well known fact that the north won the civil war by starting a runor that it was going to snow. then they cane in when all the rebels went to the store.
So THAT'S how it happened!