Skewed Nesting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Philip Shantz
eCabinets Beta Tester

Skewed Nesting

Post by Philip Shantz »

This one's new to me -- some pieces are nesting at an angle, material's the same as the box (maple ply, same image, with grain) and they nest like this:

That piece shows correctly in the cab editor as 4\" wide by 28 11/16\" long...any ideas?

Philip
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Check your grain direction for the part, you can rotate the grain direction throught 360 degrees which is usefull to change the direction 90 on parts. As a guess I'd say it might be at 30 degree or something so eCabs is trying the get the grain to run that way
This message made from recycled electrons.
Philip Shantz
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Philip Shantz »

You'd think after all these years that should occur to me but as I never use that feature it didn't. Nonetheless, I just checked the \"add shelf\" settings and it is set at 180º just as always.

Even so, I'll carefully redo these two shelves and see if the problem goes away...I was just mostly just curious about it...
Philip

(Maybe I accidently hit the \"Freestyle Nesting\" toggle :D )
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

It would pay to highlight the part then check the option, sometimes I get things screwing up and even thought the default settings are correct they need to be reapplied to the part. By selecting the part you are forcing it to refresh to the default settings. Add Shelf will only afect new parts added.
This message made from recycled electrons.