counter top modifications

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jonathan Lester

counter top modifications

Post by Jonathan Lester »

So Im almost done my first complete room layout since taking the ecab training course. Its taken a little longer than anticipated but such is the learning curve. Hopefully this is my last question regarding this kitchen. Is it possible to make a counter top in the c/t editor and then modify it?
thanks for all the help.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Modify it how? If you want to change the parameters, DC the countertop while detailing the room in the custom layout view. RC and goto \"Counter top\" then Edit counter top.

But if you want to cut out a hole for a sink, you could take a display board that is the same size as the CT into the Part Editor. Then cut out your sink hole. Then apply that to your cabinets in the Custom layout view. You will have to manually apply a back plash th e same way.
Jonathan Lester

Post by Jonathan Lester »

sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I need to cut the counter around columns and pillars in corners. I figured I could do it as a display part I was just wondering if its possible to do it with the counter top because that would be neat.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jonathan,
As of now, no. That is not possible in the CT editor. You will have to use a display panel and the part editor..
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

You can take a countertop created in the countertop editor into the part editor and make cuts on it.....
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jonathan,
As Michael said, in Detail room double click to highlight the counter top that you want to edit then right click and choose Part Editor. This will send the top to the part editor where you can cut holes profile edges, whatever you want.
Kerry
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jonathan,
I apologize for giving you false info. Thank you Kerry and Michael for correcting me.