A Problem With Version 5 Install

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Schmidt

A Problem With Version 5 Install

Post by Dave Schmidt »

I am in the process of installing Version 5. I removed all of my Version 4 as I thought there were some bugs that have been giving me trouble from time to time. After I place the V.5 CD in the drive everything seems to be going well. However after a minute or so I get a message box, \"the Wizard was interruped before eCabinet Systems 5.0 could be completly installed\". Then it tells me to try again. I would appreciate any help if someone has had a similiar experience. :? :?

Dave S.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Dave,
Try cleaning your disk, some glue residue may have seeped through the packaging on its way around the world.
Paul.
Dave Schmidt

Post by Dave Schmidt »

Hi Paul,

Thank you for a prompt response. This is the second V.5 CD I have attempted to install. The first one I received had a lot of what looked like hot melt glue on it. It was glued inside of a eCabinet Systems member magazine. I cleaned it but it would not load. I requsted and received a second CD also glued into a eCabinet Systems member magazine. This one also appears to have a glue track across the face of it. These glue marks seemed to be etched into the disk surface and are all but impossible to clean up.
I wonder if there is any way a CD can be sent out in a seperate non-glued package.

Dave S.