New and Featured Products on the eCabinets Member Store

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

New and Featured Products on the eCabinets Member Store

Post by Duane Marrett »

We have recently added Wood Technology's Evolve Hinges and Mounts to the eCabinets Member Store. These pneumatic cylinder hinges eliminate the need for door bumpers and facilitate hands-free closing. Some of the features of the Evolve line of hinges are:
  • *Easy installation with clip on system
    *Max. Opening Angle 110°
    *Material: Nickel
    *Silent Close
    *Screw-On or Dowel Insertion
    *Pneumatic cylinder provides hands-free closing
    *Door closing begins automatically when open under 80°
    *Three Dimensional Adjustments
    *Eliminates the need for bumpers and damper devices
    *Eliminates door slams

View Wood Technology Evolve Hinges

We are also featuring the Franklin Glue Titebond® HiPURformer Kit

The HiPURformer Advanced Bonding System offers three adhesives, all of which are waterproof, provide strong, permanent bonds and reduce the need for clamping or bracing. 
For many applications, the system can eliminate the use of nails or staples, reducing time and money in filling, sanding and staining repair marks. 
Kit comes with one each of the following adhesives:
WW30, WW60, and MP75.

• *Durable Polyurethane Hot Melt Applicator System
    *Cordless Applicator
    *Durable Trigger components for refined adhesive control
    *Heating Cylinder houses cartridges for extended use
    *Waterproof Storage case

We use this glue system here in a production capacity, and find that it sets up quickly, is highly durable and creates a very strong bond.

View Franklin Glue Titebond® HiPURformer Kit
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

My 2 cents. Use this stuff everyday and the amount of time it saves me is tremendous. Due to it's extreme strength and quick dry time, nails/screws are rarely used anymore....for instance the Italian Renaissance Credenza we built at the IWF Show used no nails/screws and was machined/built in 1 day.

Philip Shantz
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Philip Shantz »

Curious about the hinges, I would like to use a good soft-close hinge on my own kitchen...has anyone tried these? What's the reputation of Wood Technology? How do they compare to other \"soft-close\" offerings?

I see they are touted as not needing a bumper, does this mean the hinge itself \"stops\" the door (say an inset door with no stop) or simply that it closes so gently that it hits the frame/stringer silently?
Eric Shearn

Post by Eric Shearn »

We have used these at some trade shows and they are work pretty nice. When the door gets to a certain point when closing the built in pneumatic cyclinder takes control and closes the door softly. We even tried to slam the door and it catches. I beleive you are still going to need stop, its just going to close the door gently.

Eric