Ghosts in the materials folder?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Philip Shantz
eCabinets Beta Tester

Ghosts in the materials folder?

Post by Philip Shantz »

I’m having a problem with my latest project that I just discovered by chance when scanning the nesting diagrams that I was going to use to cut out the job tomorrow -- I noticed that there was a difference in the length of the partitions in the job, some of them are correct and the rest of them are 1/16 inch too long. This seems to be quite random throughout the job. See image below:

Note the different length partitions and the thickness of the deck and stringer…

All my material is 3/4” maple and all the joints are butt joints, yet there is this strange discrepancy. Not only that, it seems to persist no matter what I do; I’ve tried both changing the material globally and deleting/replacing the partitions one by one and still get the same result.

The only thing that occurs to me is that, a LONG time ago in my materials folder I had a different sheet of “maple” defined as 23/32” thick – but this proved to be more trouble than it was worth and it has been deleted for quite a while.

It seems that some of the partitions think I’m still using this undersized ply, hence the extra 1/16” in length.

Any ideas? I REALLY want to start cutting this one out!
Philip
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Post the assembly Philip so we can check it out.
Philip Shantz
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Philip Shantz »

here it is
Attachments
NE Base.hsf
(433.9 KiB) Downloaded 349 times