Ellipses and lighting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Ellipses and lighting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Is there a way to draw ellipses in the parts or contour editors or am I destined to use true arcs and pseudo ellipses?

Also, when I do my final presentation renditions the lighting is somewhat harsh. If I make it bright enough to see the cabinets well it washes out the floor with blinding white light. Is there a way to make the cabinets brighter while keeping the floor detail intact?

Thanks.
Leo
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Try playing with the Shine settings on the floor, usually a shine value between 1-3 actually darkens objects.

You could also turn up the shine on the cabs, and lessen the light intensities.
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Try using multiple lights with different properties. Light placement will effect your outcome as well. I would just play around with it.

As for the ellipses.... We can't draw them in e-cabs, but we can import them from any Software that can create a .DXF file(Autocad, Mastercam, ect). You can import these files in the Part Editor/Contour mode. Find the load geometry icon and load it up!

Note: Ellipse must be converted to arcs or broken into line segments before loading it up into E-cabs. If it has the properties of a spline it may give you problems.
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Leo! you crazy man! you're quickly becoming an expert!

Did you find a replacement for keycad yet?
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry