i'am sorry this program needs to close, huh?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Theodore R Fountain

i'am sorry this program needs to close, huh?

Post by Theodore R Fountain »

Ok so i've been working on this same job for awhile and no issues till today. When i go to open one of my cabinet files i get the \"we need to close error, and would you like to send a report\" this happened 10 times in a row, when i tried to open \"just\" the cabinet in cab edit. i was able to open it sucessfully once when in detail room and select \"edit cab\" but only once then it did this. see photo. Again the program has been running fine. until i created these two cabinets. any ideas? By the way i can open any other cabinet or job \"Except\" this one. thanks guys.
Attachments
graphics flaw.jpg
graphics flaw.jpg (306.27 KiB) Viewed 6001 times
Theodore R Fountain

UPDATE: if i close the job in detail room the cabinet seems to work in cab edit, meaning i can work on it but the little box that shows the cabinet is loading doesn't disappear, unless i close the program. i'am just trying to give you guru's out there all the info i can :). you can see in the picture that its not an ordinary cabinet, because of the back section being cut away. this caused some full dado slots to render funny after i changed say the face frame or somthing. could the design of the cabinet be causeing the issue? thanks again. ted
Attachments
graphics flaw 2.jpg
graphics flaw 2.jpg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 5998 times
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Theodore,

Can you post the job and cabinet so we can take a look at it? As for the progress bar not disappearing press escape this should get it to close.

Walker
Theodore R Fountain

The job file has another version of the cabinet in it (for customer color display only) but the attached cabinet is the one that was having the problem. however it seems that all versions of this cabinet, when i attepmt to open them cause the program to force close. thank you for the advice, pressing the escape button does remove the info window. (which i would have thought i'd tried that :? ) however the cabinet is not completely loaded and still has what looks to be a glass panel ghost like cast over the front. Again thank you very much for responding to my question. Great program with a great future.

PS the job file is large and didn't seem to load at all. if you think it could be related to that then i will try again. thanks
Attachments
Wash Basin 3.hsf
(536.08 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Theodore,

Im getting the same results, could you give me an older version of this cabinet or give me detail steps on how you created it, specially on what you did to the back, left and right ends? Are there any part editor cuts other than the top rail? What type of shelf is that fixed or adjustable?

We have been seeing problems with the progress bar not closing and we are working on fixing that.

And welcome to the family Theodore

Walker
Theodore R Fountain

I hope i can explain this clearly enough :)

Part Editor cuts are the right and left sides and the top rail. however in the first 2 files the top and back were PE cuts unitl as you'll read bellow it works better if there insets are changed instead.

the shelf is fixed and the mid back panel i created is a stretcher.

steps to build.
1.load std base framless
2.add face frames
3. gobal settings -stock defined - full dado
4. change cab height, length
5. chenge construction settings. toe kick - face frame , R&L side insets on bottom.
6. Then on the first files, i modfied the back as shown, in part editor. Then i did some work on the face frames. Which then led to an error in creating route bodies, which i said yes to remove PE cuts. Then i recut them. On the last file #4, i relized that the problem was with the back. so rather then PE cut it, i changed the inset. which worked and i could change the cab without issue now.

i had no problem working on them until i got to the 3rd cabinet design. After it was done i saved it than later came back and found i could not open it. the program would just shut down. At this time i am unable to load any files of this cabinet. UNLESS i first go into the DR and bring the file that is displayed there back to CE. than it loads the old files with the new one. thanks again ted.
Attachments
Wash Basin 2.hsf
(501.67 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Wash Basin 3.hsf
(536.08 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Wash Basin 4.hsf
(564.96 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Theodore R Fountain

FYI i also have this file which was made in all most he same way (different seed) and i can load it up no problem.
Attachments
Coffee Center 3.hsf
(526.71 KiB) Downloaded 379 times