ecab and vista

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Smith

ecab and vista

Post by Mike Smith »

Hi i was wondering if ant one knows if I would have any problems using ecainets with windows vista
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Click here to see what other users and Thermwood are saying about eCabs and Vista.
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

the ? is rather it will perform and function properly not rather you like or dislike vista because all the new laptops are coming with vista preloaded
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

There is more information in that thread than people's opinions of Vista. Specifically page 2 in that thread has a coupla posts regarding 64bit versus 32bit and it's direct effect on eCabs.
Last edited by Mike Seisser on Sat, Feb 10 2007, 5:31PM, edited 1 time in total.
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Bill Fuller

Post by Bill Fuller »

I am using ECab on Vista. Two things stand out. I have a late model Epson and Lexmark but Vista nor manufactor has a driver for them. Second, Sometimes when I leave the Cabinet/ Assembly Editor and return to the Custom Layout, the cabinet I was working on is still displayed and mixed with the display for the layout. 1028 meg of RAM so don't think that is the problem.
Bill Fuller
Eddie Kitson

Post by Eddie Kitson »

mike smith,
i was on dells site today and they give you a choice of xp or vista on new laptops. don't know how long it will last.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

As I said in the other thread about Vista, it will be quite a while before I consider changing to Vista. I want the product to have a little time to get the kinks worked out first.

XP is going to be supported for quite a while yet. Here is the End of Life table from Microsoft. I also listed Windows 2000 because many users still use that version.

You can find the support lifecycle tables for all Microsoft products at the last URL listed.

End of life for Windows 2000 Professional:

Mainstream support ends 6/30/2005
Extended support end 7/13/2010

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3071

End of life for Windows XP Professional:

Mainstream support ends 4/14/2009
Extended support end 4/8/2014

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223

All Microsoft products:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselect
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I still recall the change from Windows 98 to XP - painfull!!! Almost all of my software and a lot of my hardware had to be upgraded or replaced. I had a nice HP Photosmart printer, but no driver for it... I think it might be okay in a new PC with all of the Vista compatible peripherals, but I don't think I will be adding it to my existing machines any time soon.

Joe
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Mike

As of right now we do not support Vista. There is still some testing left to do before we can fully support our software with Vista.