Purchasing Hardware Through Ecabs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Whippo

Shipping

Post by Jeff Whippo »

I noticed the same problem yesterday, which prompted me to call a local supplier and get a much better deal. I was about to order 115 blum hinges/plates (the price it showed within ecab was very good) but when I got to the invoice, it was about to charge me $60 for shipping!
Eric Shearn

Post by Eric Shearn »

Hello Jeff,

Could you email me the items you were looking at purchasing? I will take a look at the shipping cost.
eric.shearn@thermwood.com

Thank You,
Eric Shearn
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

I had a similar on my last order. The shipping charges were nearly as much as the hardware I purchased. Couple that with the exchange and the custom fee, and it was not worth it. I have bee doing that for the last few years with no problems but if this is the way it is now, I am better off bying locally.

Hope it is only a glitch as Kerry said and it will get fixed soon.

Cheers
Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Shipping Charges

Post by Duane Marrett »

Hi Denis,

Sorry you had an issue with the shipping charges on your last order. Would you mind pm(ing) the items or order number you had so we could look at the shipping charges and make sure everything is correct?

Obviously, shipping from the US to Canada will be a bit higher than from the US to the US (with the associated Canadian customs fees), but we want to make sure that our shipping prices are correct on the items you purchased.

Thanks for your help with this,

Duane