flat panel doors w/center stile

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rick Fulgham

flat panel doors w/center stile

Post by Rick Fulgham »

I'm still new to all this . . . I need to build in house some simple \"Shaker\" style doors with flat plywood panels. The wider doors need an extra center stile (thus 2 equal panels). I'm pretty sure Conastoga actually makes a door like this, but it's not in the standard directory.

Can it be done? Do I have to define a special board stock material (that's really plywood) for the panel? I think I can define a custom frame-only door with a single vertical mullion, but then I lose the panel sizes in the cut list.

Help! Thanks,

Rick Fulgham
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Rick

Is this something you are wanting just for display purposes or will the door be sent to a CNC?
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Rick,

I don't even use the door editor/designer/whatever-it's-called anymore; I just use a Faceframe cabinet with all parts except the back and faceframe deleted. Below is the same door, back, front, rotated. (Because it's white the detail of the back isn't very good, but you get the idea.) The reason I make my doors this way in eCabs now, is that I have created all the shaper profiles that I own as tools in eCabs and can show the client exactly what they're getting, plus my cutlists are dead on as are my shop drawings, and the best part: they're resizable because they're actually cabinets. Very, very flexible and highly accurate both on the computer and in the shop.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Is this close to what you are looking for?
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Rick...

Conestoga does make doors with multiple panels...however eCabinets does not support them at this time.

If you want the door to appear in the cut list you will have to remove the door from your cabinet and create the door your looking for with display boards & panels. Then you can associate your new door to a cabinet in the cabinet editor.

Hope that helps
Mark