Upper corner frameless

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Robertson

Upper corner frameless

Post by Dave Robertson »

I have a question about my upper corner frameless cabinet. I have an angled front and side flush gables. I want the gables to be 12\" but the program gives me a part size of 12 5/8\" deep. In the cabinet edit window on the left it shows a Depth - Right depth of 12\". 5/8\" gable material. Any help is appreciated. Dave
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Here's what happens Dave. The sides are extended by the thickness of the material so you can miter them.
Attachments
Angle Top.jpg
Angle Top.jpg (23.45 KiB) Viewed 7350 times
Dave Robertson

Upper corner frameless

Post by Dave Robertson »

Thanks Dan, but is your jpg showing the front or back of the cabinet. I am talking about the front. Do you miter a plywood gable and if so how do you edgeband it?
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

This is the front of an angle-front cabinet. As for edge banding, I assume you would have to apply it manually unless your edge bander can handle a 45 degree angle.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Dave,

You don't have to do it this way and oin the futher they will allow both options. For now just make you cab depth minus the thickness of the sides.

Forrest
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

So, how do you handle it Forrest...

have a flush top & bottom and leave the sides on a 45 or do you add a small filler on each side to square up the opening? As you know...this frameless thing is still an learning curve for me.

Mark
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Guys,
Mark, if you back up to Dans picture above, that is exactly how I do a corner caninet. Leave the sides at 90 anything else causes you grief later. You have to ignore the cabinet size and just adjust the left and right sides to whatever cabinet depth your needing. I typicaly build that cabinet either 12 or 15 deep. the door will be 16\" wide and you will just use standard boring and a 45 hinge.
Hope this helps,
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Hey Mark,

As Mike stated leave your sides 90degree and keep your side depth consistant with the depth of cabs to the left and right unless your doing offset. If you use a 3/4\" side you will not have to use any spacer filler to left and right for door clearance. Back to the first post you will have to make you side depth 11.25\" to get 12\" side panels.

Forrest
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Forrest Chapman wrote:...Back to the first post you will have to make you side depth 11.25" to get 12" side panels...
IF you are using 3/4" materials. For 5/8" materials the depth will need to be 11 3/8".
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

And if your using 3/4 material that is really only .730, well then you need something different!!!
I just pan over it till I get the actual width, then adjust accordingly till I get 12 or 15 or whatever I am wanting it to be!!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com